Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cd-100 issue  (Read 1984 times)

Billdern

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2022, 01:39:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Cd-100 issue
« on: March 07, 2022, 12:21:53 pm »
Picked up a cd-100 converted to internet now standalone unit. Has original amp and crossover. Finally got around to checking speakers removed pink from right side to check left and lost woofers. If I disconnect left I loose everything. I remove ground nothing changes. I checked wiring with schematic everything seems good possibly crossover? Looked at schematic of crossover but haven't pulled yet to check.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bill

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Cd-100 issue
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 02:39:59 pm »
crossover having bad solder joints is quite common. lots of vibration and the solder cracks.

heat up the connection and add some fresh solder to each connection. (doesn't take long it only has like 20 or 30 points.)

Billdern

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 06:44:03 pm »
I will check that when I pull it. Thanks

Billdern

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 02:54:46 pm »
OK update pulled crossover has burnt resistor and cap with a broken lead. I can read cap but resistor is toast as usual Can't read it. The schematic I have is for a crossover ending in 701. The crossover I have is 61038801 and I can't seem to find a schematic for it anywhere to get value. Even looked for used crossover. Ordered a crossover before looking at numbers on mine went with number on schematic that came with unit (yeah I know) it came today and it's missing a cap on it so can't even rewire the jukebox as still won't be right. So if someone has same crossover value of r3 would be greatly appreciated. I think it's same as r4 just want to confirm as probably will replace all caps and resistors.
Thanks,
Bill

Billdern

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 10:15:17 pm »
Without schematic I traced everything and was able to figure out value. Ordered all components to replace be here Monday. Will update when done.

Billdern

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 03:28:12 pm »
Update. Got everything in replaced everything on board. Sounds better yet sound is lower on right side and still can't test left and right by removing lead on transformer. Removing ground still does nothing. I did test coils when everything was removed seem good. Did find used one and installed right side now same volume as left. So I'm guessing something still not right with board. Sucks not having schematic but easy enough to trace. Now that have 2 boards going to check values along everything see if different.  Oh yes tested amp before did anything with a 8 ohm speaker and both sides sounded same. Yes I know it's working now but still has same issue with testing left and right channels.  I ended up unhooked everything and tested that way but would still like to get original board fixed correctly. And going to check wiring again make sure mouse didn't do anything where I can't see.