Main > Consoles

Console aficianados! Anyone familiar with these?

(1/5) > >>

bobbyb13:
I realize I am completely out of the loop but I saw these in a Japanese used stuff store here and had never seen them before.

The Pikachu one cracks me up.

lilshawn:
not sure what you haven't seen... maybe your family was poor and didn't buy consoles.

not sure where you are...maybe these systems wherent released in your region.

or even how old you are... it's possible you picked up a xboxone controller for the first time yesterday.

I currently own or have previously owned... or a friend of mine owned all these systems.

the pikachu system actually was a special edition that released with a pack-in-game called "hey you pikachu" that used a microphone connected to the controller that you yelled into to play certain aspects of the game.

the red colored 64 was actually a huge series of 64's that came in like blue and green and pink and red and clear, purple... even gold. called the "funtastic" series. I own a Jungle green n64

https://consolevariations.com/blog/every-nintendo-64-console-variation-ever-complete-color-list

bobbyb13:
Certainly not wealthy as a young child.
Parents weren't prepared to even take care of themselves back then but wound up with a 2600 before dad disappeared.
Then would have qualified as poor.
No money for consoles after that and then off onto other things by the time I had my own money.

That was back on the east coast.

I'm 52 this year so was prime age for some of it.

In Hawai'i now and I see all kinds of crazy ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- I never saw on the mainland.

When I see stuff that says Japanese region I always wonder if it is something never distributed back where I used to live.

Pricing on other things in these stores (this is a Book Off) is typically quite cheap, so always curious.

pbj:
Price on the Saturn is decent, rest of that is double current value. 

Saturn games are ridiculously expensive but you can get an optical drive emulator that plays everything and loads instantly so no need for discs.

Same with Dreamcast.

:cheers:

bobbyb13:

--- Quote from: pbj on March 06, 2022, 08:31:05 pm ---Price on the Saturn is decent, rest of that is double current value. 

Saturn games are ridiculously expensive but you can get an optical drive emulator that plays everything and loads instantly so no need for discs.

Same with Dreamcast.

:cheers:

--- End quote ---

Appreciate the wisdom sir.
Always a mystery since crap is so expensive/scarce out here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version