Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Ivan stewart offroad cabinet build

(1/1)

aaronr33:
Here is a ivan stewart offroad cabinet I built from scratch.  360 degree steering.

Was wondering if anyone has played 270 degree games with a 360 degree wheel?

Specific to Mame.  I see there is support for older mame versions but nothing mentioned for newer.

Any info on how to setup would be appreciated.

Empo:
Cool!  :applaud: keep us updated!

TipsyMcStagger:
You've done a great job building that cabinet. Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to make the 270 degree games play nicely with a 360 degree wheel.

Xiaou2:
See if you can get a Programmer to make an Input solution... that takes the Optical wheels signals, and
translates them into a limited left and right range of Pot Values.   If you go past the maximum pot values...
the program would keep putting the values back to the maximum values... so they could not go any further.

The other option, is to make a Cam-Switchable hardware solution.  Where you can engage or disengage
the optical or pot from the drive shaft.

Yet another option, could be to make a plug-in, pot based Paddle controller... that you use instead of the
Optical wheels.

BadMouth:
Check the driving cab info thread stickied in the Driving & Racing subforum.  It's been a looong time, but there were a couple solutions back in the day.
I haven't seen anything mentioned about newer versions of MAME, but geecab's hack still might work if compiling MAME is in your wheelhouse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version