Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Launchbox \ Bigbox FE  (Read 1400 times)

Moksi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 11:15:40 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Launchbox \ Bigbox FE
« on: March 04, 2022, 09:04:51 am »
Hello , i just did a reinstall of my Win 7 64 bit
Before the install i had BigBox running smooth 60 frames per sec

After the clean reinstall BigBox suddenly runs at a 50 frames per sec

im new with crt emudriver but my desktop res is set to 640 x 480i 60  , that was the same res before the reinstall so im quite lost as to why its runs slower now

psakhis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:15:36 pm
Re: Launchbox \ Bigbox FE
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 10:44:05 am »
Probably win7 is cheating you..use display changer II to ensure desktop is @60i. An alternativate is create a custom modeline without 50hz, for example 686x483@60i

Moksi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 03:20:46 am »
Probably win7 is cheating you..use display changer II to ensure desktop is @60i. An alternativate is create a custom modeline without 50hz, for example 686x483@60i

interesting ,
Mame & others sega model 2 model 3 is running fine , so its the desktop that isnt really 640x 480 60i then?

dolphin (triforce) i cant get to run 60 either fullscreen (maybe thats a another problem)

i will install crt emudriver again then try the display changer II to see if its fixed

have no knowledge of custom modelines i did notice if i put my desktop to 640 x 480 it has effect with certain emulators [Supermodel i run at 544 x 480 resolution] if i use a higher desktop res the supermodel screen isnt as good , duckstation also i set it to a high res i think 1280 x 240 duckstation would run 50 fps aswell

If i put the desktop to 686x483@60i  will it have influence of the emulator res

Moksi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 05:59:51 am »
Ok installed crt emudriver again , almost everything plays at good speed

LaunchBox , Daphne 4K etc.  even Dolphin triforce ,  only Supermodel displays messed up.

After installing vmmaker videomodes i connected from lcd to the crt & the desktop res is set to 640 by 480  30i   automatically.   

Maybe thats why Supermodel isnt displaying right ?            if i install vmmaker when actually connected to the crt will that mess up the desktop res ? i did that a couple of times before

if i install videomodes when connected to the crt then all the res modes are ported into the desktop res i notice when i did that