Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sinden Lightgun with rotated screen?  (Read 1999 times)

zeorangr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:48:10 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,165836.0.html
Sinden Lightgun with rotated screen?
« on: March 01, 2022, 03:04:49 pm »
Hey all. 

I'm still working on one or two 'extra' things for my cabinet (as a lead up to the "Finished!" post I've been dragging my feet on for my build thread for the past few weeks  ;D) - I have a sinden lightgun that I'd love to get working, but it doesn't seem to be tracking correctly with the screen rotation that I have in place - I have a 50" screen which is mounted vertically in my cabinet, with the orientation set to 'portrait - flipped' in windows display settings, and normally displaying a 1080x1080 'square' in the middle of the screen.  If I enable the gun in the Sinden application and hold it normally, the gun works, but the 'X,Y' tracking for the cursor seems to be off-axis by 90 degrees - moving the gun up and down while pointed at the screen moves the cursor left and right, and moving the gun left and right moves the cursor up and down.  If I rotate the gun itself 90 degrees to the left, holding it 'gangster style', it seems to more accurately move the cursor with the gun, but it's still not seeming to track accurately all the time, and I wouldn't really want 'just hold the gun sideways' as a long-term solution.

I'd love to get this working with my cabinet, especially after seeing videos of just how well the Sinden gun works. I've tried googling around, but I'm not really finding much information for using one of these guns with a rotated / portrait-mode screen.  So far, nothing I've tried playing with in the settings in the Sinden software has had any affect on this behavior... so, I thought I'd ask the community - maybe someone else has encountered this too?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I'm also happy to share pictures or videos to further illustrate, if needed.
-z-

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Sinden Lightgun with rotated screen?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 03:32:53 pm »
It was never really designed to work portrait mode.
The algorithm I believe looks for long borders on the horizontal and shorter on the verticals.

You could try toggling the gangster mode option in the software but other than that I cant really think of much.

Be sure to join the sinden discord for full support though :)

zeorangr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:48:10 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,165836.0.html
Re: Sinden Lightgun with rotated screen?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 04:41:44 pm »
Thanks Titchgamer!   I'll check out the Discord and see if there's more info there. 
-z-