Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Double Dragon for Sega Genesis  (Read 1799 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:39:05 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Double Dragon for Sega Genesis
« on: February 26, 2022, 11:27:26 pm »
Here’s another oddity.  If you’re at least as old as me you may remember ads for this in GamePro and also remember scratching your heard why such an old game was on Genesis.  Even at a tender age I was an avid collector of games I never played, and yet I never once encountered this one.

Anyway, with $3.15 and AliExpress in hand we were ready for business.

Original weird cartridge.

What you get for $3.15 shipped across the world.  I cracked it open and they had an epoxy bolb on the memory chip which I found particularly amusing.

And as this pic demonstrates to men of a certain age, this port is fully intact.  Frame rate is a little choppy but the game rarely slows down.  Nothing like the arcade game did.  All the cheese you pulled on the original works on this one.  I guess I played this so much back in the day I wasn’t really challenged by it.  Music and sound effects suck, especially as the Genesis could have easily done this one.  Oh well.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: Double Dragon for Sega Genesis
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 07:59:37 am »
The intro always made me chuckle because of Marian's face and the fact he's not punching her in the stomach, looks like a knee shot somehow.   The only cheesy thing I remember doing in the arcade was literally back elbowing EVERYONE.

I remember the NES version being lots of fun but looking really gimped. The "elevator glitch" is always the first thing I think of when DD NES comes up.
https://youtu.be/BKPcBeFo1DE?t=151
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.