Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 60 in 1 & Jamma Harness to Single Slot Coin Door  (Read 2075 times)

knightyo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2022, 06:36:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
60 in 1 & Jamma Harness to Single Slot Coin Door
« on: February 21, 2022, 06:14:45 pm »
Ok, I've been scouring the interwebs and have not been able to determine with certainty how to connect a Jamma Harness to a Single Slot Coin Door.

The end of the Jamma harness has a bundle of 3 wires consisting of White/Coin 1, Yellow 12v and Black Ground which terminate in the below connector

My coin door has the following connections.  Do I cut the White/Coin 1 wire and attach it to one of these connectors along with a Ground from that same plug?  Assuming that since I don't have a second coin door, I don't do anything with the the Coin 2 wire, correct?

As far as power, the coin door came wired to terminate into a standard plug.  Should I keep this as is and plug into an outlet, or would it be better to get power from the Jamma harness?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:55:04 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: 60 in 1 & Jamma Harness to Single Slot Coin Door
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 07:10:03 pm »
The end of the Jamma harness has a bundle of 3 wires consisting of White/Coin 1, Yellow 12v and Black Ground which terminate in the below connector

My coin door has the following connections.  Do I cut the White/Coin 1 wire and attach it to one of these connectors along with a Ground from that same plug?  Assuming that since I don't have a second coin door, I don't do anything with the the Coin 2 wire, correct?

The white (Coin 1) and black (ground) wires go to the Normally Open (NO) and common (COM) tabs on the microswitch.

The yellow (12v) and black (ground) wires are usually used to power coin door LEDs/lamps, but the LED in your coin door is already wired for USB 5v so you might as well leave that as is.   ;D

Scott

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: 60 in 1 & Jamma Harness to Single Slot Coin Door
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 01:03:22 pm »
that appears to be wired for a Chinese electronic coin acceptor (the kind where you put the coin you want into it and it compares the inserted coin to that one)

typically the wires on CHAMMA harnesses are green, but at this point, it could be anything.