Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Combat Cars for SEGA Genesis  (Read 2217 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Combat Cars for SEGA Genesis
« on: February 20, 2022, 11:42:04 pm »
I don’t even remember buying this one.  Those of you unfortunate enough to be on my contact list know I’ve been carpet bombing EBay with bids for months and we end up with things like this.

So, back in the early 90s, this meant something.

Interesting games back then.  Oh well.

Here’s the cool title screen.

And then you pick a racer and get a screen like this…

Not sure what IQ has to do with the ability to hit a gas pedal and go vrrroooom but here we are.

And in a post Mario Kart and F Zero world, here’s the best we can do.

As always, there was a good game buried in here somewhere.  If you make one single mistake during the race, it’s game over.

:dunno

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: Combat Cars for SEGA Genesis
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 08:09:36 pm »
I don't recall ever playing that game, pretty sure I never heard of it till you texted me a screen shot.  I looked up a video on the tewbs, and it sort of reminds me of neo drift out/1000 mile rally, but overhead instead of isometric. Graphics look passable, tracks are varied enough (asphalt, dirt,snow,etc) I might load it up on the everdrive and see how well it plays. I need to get down there and load up the genesis RC Pro-Am game anyway.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: Combat Cars for SEGA Genesis
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 09:17:50 pm »

I gave combat cars a go, and you werent kidding, naff up a single turn and you'll be lucky to eek out 3rd place.  While I was down there, I loaded up Championship Pro-Am...

Biggest change between the NES version and the Genny is 5 CPU opponents instead of just 3. You also spell out CHAMPION instead of NINTENDO. Its the same basic game, prettier but if you dont collect every power up and every letter you'll loose early and often. I dont remember the NES version all that well but the CPU is still merciless and there isnt an ending, its just play the tracks on a loop till you run out of ammo and its game over. Still really fun and is what us old heads played before Mario Kart was invented.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.