Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: hdmi ARC - can anyone explain?  (Read 2037 times)

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
hdmi ARC - can anyone explain?
« on: February 14, 2022, 07:12:23 pm »
i’m so confused.

i have an lg c1 oled that i have my ps5/series x plugged directly into to benefit from the high frame rate.

i’m trying to feed audio back to my onkyo 626 receiver but i’m lost.  tv hdmi 2 is eARC which is plugged into my receivers main out.  i have all the options turned on on both ends (tv/receiver) but no receiver sound?

am i confused on how ARC works?  if i select hdmi 2 on the tv, then i’m no longer in my ps5 input. 

i have an optical cable in order as a back up.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: hdmi ARC - can anyone explain?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 06:01:54 pm »
usually just a stupid setting that messes everything up.

your arc compatible tv plugs into arc compatible receiver. your gamestationbox plugs into the receiver.

not sure about your TV exactly... but your TV then has to be setting that ARC HDMI input as "receiver"... IE There is a menu option where you choose what you are connected to in the tv HDMI ports. you may have to also enable ARC or eARC or ARCaudio or something like that in the audio settings for the sound to propagate though the receiver.

if still not working perhaps the HDMI cable is no good. try another one. i have a bunch that just "went bad" and stop working...and you have to wiggle them to make them work again. too cheap to buy more.

my explainaition is a mess, but i hope it helps.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: hdmi ARC - can anyone explain?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 06:49:55 pm »
Arc really only does two useful things.

1.  Arc can be used to automatically switch your tv's settings to "game mode" when a game console is detected.
2.  Arc can be used to integrate a sound bar into your tv so the volume and powering on/off of the sound bar is done automatically as if they are the tv's speakers. 

My tv does #1 really well but #2 sometimes locks up my soundbar and I have to unplug it and plug it back in.