Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Flycast Naomi2 - with Initial D 3 setup & LAN guide

(1/8) > >>

buttersoft:
The guide is in post #12 - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,166191.msg1754481.html#msg1754481

So it looks like Naomi2 support is coming to Flycast soon. There's a test build of Flycast Dojo out which runs one or two games. And Flycast does Naomi networking, though the github says it's patchy for some games. Still, it would be amazing to get ID3 going!

MrThunderwing:
Hikaru support in Flycast would be the thing I'd be most interested in. Although it's not an especially great game, I'd still love to be able to play a better version of Sega's Nascar game and also a better emulated (and hopefully less hardware taxing) version of Star Wars Racer Arcade.

buttersoft:
I haven't heard if Flyinghead, the flycast dev, is planning to work on Hikaru. I wouldn't mind having Nascar as well, but I'd certainly like ID3 first :)

Frogbull:

--- Quote from: MrThunderwing on February 12, 2022, 10:48:09 am ---Hikaru support in Flycast would be the thing I'd be most interested in. Although it's not an especially great game, I'd still love to be able to play a better version of Sega's Nascar game and also a better emulated (and hopefully less hardware taxing) version of Star Wars Racer Arcade.

--- End quote ---
Yes Hikaru support would be great.

Star Wars Arcade Racer, another piece of jewelry made by Sega, I loved it (and its special control ;D)

buttersoft:
well, there's been a few more betas, and ID3 boots nicely. I know ppl are playing it but i haven't tried to myself. Doesn't network right now as i don't think the actual Naomi network function is included with the GPO Flycast-dojo builds. The options are there, but it doesn't seem to work the same way as the regular flycast build. Vanilla flycast can network with Naomi 1, so we'll probably have to wait for Flyinghead to migrate the Naomi 2 functionality into the vanilla version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version