Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Flycast Naomi2 - with Initial D 3 setup & LAN guide  (Read 12861 times)

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Flycast Naomi2 - with Initial D 3 setup & LAN guide
« on: February 12, 2022, 05:11:35 am »
The guide is in post #12 - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,166191.msg1754481.html#msg1754481

So it looks like Naomi2 support is coming to Flycast soon. There's a test build of Flycast Dojo out which runs one or two games. And Flycast does Naomi networking, though the github says it's patchy for some games. Still, it would be amazing to get ID3 going!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 11:10:21 pm by buttersoft »

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:06:18 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: Flaycast Naomi2 support
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 10:48:09 am »
Hikaru support in Flycast would be the thing I'd be most interested in. Although it's not an especially great game, I'd still love to be able to play a better version of Sega's Nascar game and also a better emulated (and hopefully less hardware taxing) version of Star Wars Racer Arcade.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 04:45:20 pm »
I haven't heard if Flyinghead, the flycast dev, is planning to work on Hikaru. I wouldn't mind having Nascar as well, but I'd certainly like ID3 first :)

Frogbull

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2022, 08:26:16 am
  • DAYYYYYYYYTONA!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 01:21:19 pm »
Hikaru support in Flycast would be the thing I'd be most interested in. Although it's not an especially great game, I'd still love to be able to play a better version of Sega's Nascar game and also a better emulated (and hopefully less hardware taxing) version of Star Wars Racer Arcade.
Yes Hikaru support would be great.

Star Wars Arcade Racer, another piece of jewelry made by Sega, I loved it (and its special control ;D)

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 09:32:22 pm »
well, there's been a few more betas, and ID3 boots nicely. I know ppl are playing it but i haven't tried to myself. Doesn't network right now as i don't think the actual Naomi network function is included with the GPO Flycast-dojo builds. The options are there, but it doesn't seem to work the same way as the regular flycast build. Vanilla flycast can network with Naomi 1, so we'll probably have to wait for Flyinghead to migrate the Naomi 2 functionality into the vanilla version.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 01:54:36 am »
My bad, there are dev builds of the main flycast with the naomi2 code, and Network will run on a single PC (haven't tested LAN yet, but the program is asking for firewall permission, so signs look hopeful). You need to turn on two options on the advanced page - broadband adapter and naomi network. Then you set one instance to server on that same page, and leave the other instance blank. You don't need to go into the in-game test menus at all.

Scroll down a bit to find the latest dev build:
https://flyinghead.github.io/flycast-builds/

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Flycast Naomi2 support
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 06:02:57 am »
Ok, i can confirm the Flycast Dev build from April 5th works for ID3 LAN. Newer builds should also work. Options as above, but on the second cab (the one that isn't set to be the server) i typed in the IP address of the server cab. I left UPNP on and did not change the port for either cab.

Links easily, but there is some bad slowdown in the game intros. Not sure if that's where the Dev build is up to, or if it's LAN related, or just my setup. Wave Runner GP also seems to work, but i haven't actually tried playing it yet.

EDIT: slowdown was my 50Hz screen mode. With vsync off and RTSS i get 60 FPS and the game runs like butter. I can even go in and set the internal res to 2x for smoother antialiasing and not take a performance hit.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 07:06:16 pm by buttersoft »

Nuexzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2023, 01:26:58 am
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 01:36:13 am »
which games are really attractive in n1 or n2 to link? I don't really know much :dunno

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 02:59:34 am »
Well, the first three Initial D games are on Naomi 2, of which ID3 is reputed to be the finest. Its a game a lot of ID fans talk about as their all time favourite in the series.

Apart from that, not a lot, i believe. Wave Runner GP. The Club Kart games. I don't even think there's a dump of F1 World GP? And then there's F355. But that one might need more work or effort as some versions had 3 screens, and some booted multiple instances from a single PCB, stuff like that - i should look into that.

TBH i'm not entirely sure what works and what doesn't. For non-driving games, i love the idea of Virtual On OT, but getting the controls workable for it is a pain without twin sticks. And i'm not sure if the Naomi version is any better than the Model 3 original.

There's also fighting games, but for this generation those don't interest me so much and i have no idea which ones are good. There's a GGPO rollback build for those specifically, on a related github.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 06:25:55 am by buttersoft »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 06:57:46 pm »
Boomslang released an FFB plugin update for ID3 - https://discord.com/channels/284830696860680192/468497589076099082/960770150263570432

I can't get it to work with a G25 but i know ppl that have. Still troubleshooting.

EDIT: ok, problem solved. I think i'll write up a guide to network + FFB in a day or two. Not amazingly straightforward.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 03:24:48 am by buttersoft »

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2022, 06:25:27 am »
Boomslang released an FFB plugin update for ID3 - https://discord.com/channels/284830696860680192/468497589076099082/960770150263570432

I can't get it to work with a G25 but i know ppl that have. Still troubleshooting.

EDIT: ok, problem solved. I think i'll write up a guide to network + FFB in a day or two. Not amazingly straightforward.

Yes please!!!

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 08:06:08 am »

Wow that is fantastic news! Does the plugin support all the Naomi driving games or just ID3 for now?

Boomslang you continue to deliver nothing but sweet gravy to the emulation community! We truly appreciate you brother!!!!!1!!!  :notworthy: :cheers:

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2022, 11:09:08 pm »
    Guide to running ID3 on Flycast, including a section on LAN :)

Results:

Flyinghead is updating the builds a few times a week, he's really working fast. I’ve had a few graphical glitches, but basically everything is pretty much perfect. Eventually there will be a Flycast mainline release but that might be a way off.

Downloads:

At present you need one of the dev builds of Flycast. The build from 15th April works. newer builds will almost certainly work fine, older builds may not. Scroll down this link. https://flyinghead.github.io/flycast-builds/
The initdv3e.zip and gds-0033.chd from MAME 0.241 will work but older Demul sets probably don't. You also need the naomi.zip and naomi2.zip BIOS files from the MAME romset.  Older MAME versions probably work but I haven’t tested.

Run Flycast:

It's easiest to put flycast.exe into its own directory, but this is up to you. Run flycast.exe. Close it with Alt-F4. You now have some new directories where flycast.exe is. Put the BIOS files into the /data folder. Put initdv3e.zip into /roms and gds-0033.chd into a directory called /roms/initdv3e (you will need to make this directory. It must be named the same as the .zip file for each game).
Open flycast.exe. Alt-Enter to go fullscreen if desired. Click settings in the top right, go to the general tab. You need to set your content path (roms directory) and your home directory (main directory where flycast.exe is). Now see if the ID3game will load. Might take a minute or so to get to the intro screen. If you get an error, you likely either have the wrong rom or CHD or didn’t get a dev build of flycast.

Map Controls:
Open flycast exe, load ID3 and hit Tab key while the game is running, go to settings and go to controls – this way each input is labelled for that game. Set your controller to “A”. Go in to map it, change the top right box from Dreamcast to Arcade. You only need the captioned entries in the list – Handle (wheel), Shift Up, Shift Dn, etc. Along with Coin, Start, Card, of course. Those later ones won’t be specially highlighted.
The accel/brake expects you to be using a split axis (like the triggers on a controller) so the best I have been able to do is binding half of each pedal axis until I find out how to change my G25 to combined pedals using a bat file. If you want to reverse the axes, hold a pedal down, click map, and then release once the capture screen comes up.
Flycast is set up for controllers. Wheels work fine, but you probably want to go into the "mappings" directory where flycast.exe is. Open the file for your controller, and look near the bottom. Change the entry "dead_zone" from 10 to 0 or 1. (Thanks to Alexvgz for that tip).

FFB:

Boomslang has updated the plugin a number of times. You need to enable broadcast outputs, but beyond that i would recommend the TP discord, palace chat channel to FFB support.
INFO IN THIS BOX IS OUTDATED

The FFB plugin is here (only works for Flycast ID3) (awesome work by Boomslang, as usual): https://discord.com/channels/284830696860680192/468497589076099082/960770150263570432 (Update: I believe the Flycast FFB plugin is now part of Boomslang's FFB plugin pack on github)
Put those 5 files into the directory with flycast.exe. Open FFBplugin_GUI and set your wheel. Open flycast and play the game.
If FFB isn’t working:
  • Hit Tab key while the game is running, go to controls tab, go down the bottom, leave the controller type A as Dreamcast, but set the first options box to the right as “purupuru”, and the next one to “none”. (Thanks again Alexvgz.)
  • You may need to disable other controllers on that same tab (i.e. keyboard, mouse, etc)
  • Don’t use a batfile. Weird one, but FFB fails for me that way. Launch by opening flycast and clicking the game. Or, if automating, create a shortcut with the “c:\path\to\flycast\flycast.exe C:\path\to\flycast\roms\initdv3e.zip” line as the target. You can then load the shortcut from a batfile and it works fine. Must be something to do with how the arguments are being passed?
  • Taking the 200MB+ .bin file from the older Demul romset and adding it to the initdv3e.zip file might help. If that isn't enough, try adding the .pic file too (overwrite the one in initdv3e.zip). Note that you should not need to do this at all, but Demul FFB didn't work with the MAME romset, so it's something to try.
  • update 24/7/22 there are reports in the FFB thread that dropping the FFB files in the directory stops xinput controllers working for some ppl. I'll try to post up more info.
LAN:
DO NOT go into the game test menus. You don’t need to. At least for this guide.
Make sure your two PC's are on the same subnet, as with any other LAN setup.
Open flycast.exe on cab1. Go to settings, go to advanced tab. Set Broadband adapter on, set Naomi Networking on. Set run as server on. Leave the port alone and UPNP on. (GGPO is netcode rollback for fighting games, not used here. Leave it off)
Copy the whole flycast folder you created above to your second machine.
Open flycast.exe on cab2. (Go to settings, go to advanced tab. Set Broadband adapter on, set Naomi Networking on.) Set run as server off. Leave the port alone and UPNP on. Enter the IP of the server to be the IP cab1 is set to (cab1 being the machine set to server).
Run both instances of flycast within ten seconds of each other and they should link.
(Using a single PC to run two instances, i got network running by simply leaving the IP field blank on the second instance. The port option did not exist then, so if it fails, maybe change that by one number.)

Updating:

You should be able to grab a new dev build and just drop the flycast.exe in place of your old one. If it's been too long between updates, you might need to set flycast up again, but most of the time it works fine.[/list]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 07:38:35 pm by buttersoft »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Flycast Naomi2 - with Initial D 3 setup & LAN guide
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2022, 11:12:31 pm »
Post to add other games that work. I know Wave Runner GP will link, controls are a bit... loose. But they work. Could not get FFB running right now, however. I imagine each games needs to be looked at by Boom before it will work. Like for M2 with all the different game options. Not sure it's worth his time for much beyond ID3 and maybe the other ID games.

Also, control profiles in flycast don't seem to work right for me. I've made a separate copy of flycast for Wave Runner GP so i can change the controls slightly from how they are for ID3. Need to remember to change content path and home directory when doing this, or you overwrite your original folders/settings.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 09:58:02 pm by buttersoft »

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2022, 05:23:41 am »
Thanks, I will give this a go and let you know hoe I get on

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2022, 06:28:20 pm »
Nice tutorial butters! I'm not really fussed about running ID3, but I'm tempted to give the single PC network version of WaveRunner GP a try.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2022, 08:29:07 pm »
Nice tutorial butters! I'm not really fussed about running ID3, but I'm tempted to give the single PC network version of WaveRunner GP a try.

Cheers. I would definitely like to hear your opinion of Wave Runner. Especially how you find the controls, and what you manage to get working well :)

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2022, 12:32:18 pm »
I played the single player version of it in years ago. Yeah, the controls are definitely a bit loose.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 04:24:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2022, 05:41:33 am »
is LAN supported for Atomiswave?
I mean, "faster than speed" and "maximum speed" games.

I would also like to know if Alient Front LAN is supported... This one is a NAOMI game I think.
I'm gonna be testing all of this soon. I still have DEMUL to run this games, which is discontinued and will never have network support. I think it is time to test FLYCAST.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 05:50:47 am by anchounio »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2022, 07:08:13 pm »
is LAN supported for Atomiswave?

At this stage, Flying head, the Flycast dev, has not announced plans to support either Atomiswave or Hikaru. Naomi 2 is technically still in development, but seems to work pretty well.

glx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2022, 11:15:07 pm
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2022, 11:32:02 am »
Thank you for the tutorial Buttersoft!

I wanted to report Club Kart 2k3 LAN link works, but only 2 players. When trying with a third computer, it always throws a country incorrect on the third one.

Also tried King of Route 66, I can get ingame, but credits and start don't work when trying link play. At least it didn't work for me.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2022, 02:41:54 pm »
I'm testing ID 3 for now... despite the emulators linked, once the game has run I'm getting 2 black screens on both pc's:
 - server PC the message "checking network now" appeared for a while, then the game turned black screen.
 - slave PC keeps showing "checking network now" with no results.

I'm trying with the most recent flycast dev version.

I added flycast.exe in into windows 10 firewall, even opened the default flycast port (37391) on both pc's.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 03:26:11 am by anchounio »

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2022, 03:15:14 pm »
I've managed to make both PC's sync :

The weird thing is that flycast is not syncing the NAOMI2 title screen. It appears 1 second before on server PC and this makes the sync fail.
I've fixed this by entering and exiting the test menu on both PC's at the same time. When restarting the game the naomi2 title screen has appeared at the same time on both and then they've synced and gone ingame.

Did it work without having to do this on previous flycast versions?  That would be a regression then.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 04:21:43 pm by anchounio »

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2022, 04:38:44 pm »
I can confirm flycast network emulation works with Naomi, Naomi2 and with at least, one ATOMISWAVE game: faster than speed. 

But it seems it has some delay problems between some PC's when running flycast in network mode, which makes linking fail. I've reported the error here:

https://github.com/flyinghead/flycast/issues/669

The curious thing is that the delay is not that long in older flycast versions (07 april master version and earlier),  but these versions still do not support naomi2 :(
In these earlier version I have no problems with my 2 connected computers. Anyway, it seems to be a bug that should be fixed in later versions.

Despite this error, I've tested my 2 pc's making them sync by entering-exiting test menu at the same time.
I've tested Initial D3 (naomi 2), Wave Runner GP (naomi), Alien Front (naomi) and Faster than speed (atomiswave) and all of them work great.

In all cases it is neccesary to follow the steps explained by buttersoft.

For faster than speed you also have to enter the test menu of each game and configure the fist PC as master, the second as slave.
PC 1: You have to go to the test menus of each game => Configuration = > Communication Settings => Linked Mode ON and turn it to MASTER
PC2(or more PCs):  You have to go to the test menus of each game => Configuration = > Communication Settings => Linked Mode ON and turn it to SLAVE.

Faster Than Speed and Alien Front links perfectly in current version of Flycast. The rest of the games needs 07-april-master version or previous ones.

Maximum Speed doesn't work. You can change Communication Settings inside the test menu but it will get back to "Linked Mode OFF" after reseting the game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:10:17 am by anchounio »

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2022, 02:49:58 am »
Thank you for the tutorial Buttersoft!

I wanted to report Club Kart 2k3 LAN link works, but only 2 players. When trying with a third computer, it always throws a country incorrect on the third one.

Also tried King of Route 66, I can get ingame, but credits and start don't work when trying link play. At least it didn't work for me.

I've also tested King of Route 66.... I have the same problem.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2022, 05:03:09 am »
My final report regarding network in flycast driving games:
All NAOMI, NAOMI2 and ATOMISWAVE games that support network are supported in flycast.

- Alien Front
4 players (or more) are supposed to be allowed. I've only tested it with 2.

- Club Kart 2003
4 players (or more) are supposed to be allowed according to some reports I've read on the internet and according to a flyer of the game. I've only tested it with 2 players.
Some user in this forum reported a third PC would not connect in Flycast, but I still haven't tested more than 2 players.

- Faster Than Speed:
 Only 2 players allowed according to the manual of the game. I've tested it and both work great. 
 Flycast is supposed to manage each test menu configuration, but in this game I've had to changed it manually, configure one PC as master, other as Slave inside the test menu configuration.
 In network mode, Flycast won't manage a waiting window for the master/slave connection because in this game the instances don't need to start together.

- Maximum Speed.
 Only 2 players allowed according to the manual of the game. I've tested it and both work great. 
 In older versions of Flycast the game would not run in LAN if an individual setting of the game was created inside emu.cfg. I reported the bug and the developer has fixed it in recents master versions of Flycast.  https://github.com/flyinghead/flycast/issues/671
 In network mode, Flycast won't manage a waiting window for the master/slave connection because in this game the instances don't need to start together.

- Wave Runner GP   
4 players (or more) are supposed to be allowed (or maybe even more). I've only tested it with 2. Anyway, there are videos on the internet of Flycast linking 4 instances of the game.

- Initial D 3
In the PCB manual it is more or less understood that only 2 players are allowed... also according to MAME documentation. I'm not 100x100 sure of this anyway.  I've only tested this game with 2 players and it works great.

- King of Route 66
Only 2 players allowed according to the manual of the game.
This game had a bug in which no controls were working in network mode. It has been fixed a couple of days ago: https://github.com/flyinghead/flycast/issues/673

* Flycast has a bug that only affects some PC's: One PC will run the game too soon, making the instances not sync together. This bug affects Club Kart 2003, Wave Runner GP, Initial D3 and King of Route 66
I reported it here:
https://github.com/flyinghead/flycast/issues/669
For people having this issue, you can make the games sync by entering and exiting Test Menu at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 05:11:12 am by anchounio »

jonnycorporate

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 05:55:03 pm
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2022, 01:08:58 pm »
Thanks so much for this guide! There is zero documentation or help with the ffbplugin download so I would never have figured out how to get ffb working with the initial D games on Flycast without this!!

Guide to running ID3 on Flycast, including a section on LAN :)

FFB:

The FFB plugin is here (only works for Flycast ID3) (awesome work by Boomslang, as usual): https://discord.com/channels/284830696860680192/468497589076099082/960770150263570432 (Update: I believe the Flycast FFB plugin is now part of Boomslang's FFB plugin pack on github)
Put those 5 files into the directory with flycast.exe. Open FFBplugin_GUI and set your wheel. Open flycast and play the game.
If FFB isn’t working:
  • On the controls tab, go down the bottom, leave the controller type A as Dreamcast, but set the first options box to the right as “purupuru”, and the next one to “none”. (Thanks again Alexvgz.)
  • You may need to disable other controllers on that same tab (i.e. keyboard, mouse, etc)
  • Don’t use a batfile. Weird one, but FFB fails for me that way. Launch by opening flycast and clicking the game. Or, if automating, create a shortcut with the “c:\path\to\flycast\flycast.exe C:\path\to\flycast\roms\initdv3e.zip” line as the target. You can then load the shortcut from a batfile and it works fine. Must be something to do with how the arguments are being passed?
  • Taking the 200MB+ .bin file from the older Demul romset and adding it to the initdv3e.zip file might help. If that isn't enough, try adding the .pic file too (overwrite the one in initdv3e.zip). Note that you should not need to do this at all, but Demul FFB didn't work with the MAME romset, so it's something to try.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2022, 10:01:12 pm »
Anything particularly curly? Or did you just set purupuru and it worked?

jonnycorporate

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2022, 02:09:54 am »
Anything particularly curly? Or did you just set purupuru and it worked?

Curly?  ???

I set any other connected devices to 'none' as stated and changed the 'Dreamcast Devices' to purupuru/none and yeah, it just started working whereas before I couldn't get any feedback. This forum is the only place where I could find that info!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 02:22:52 am by jonnycorporate »

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2022, 12:47:38 pm »
Thanks so much for this guide! There is zero documentation or help with the ffbplugin download so I would never have figured out how to get ffb working with the initial D games on Flycast without this!!

Out of curiosity, did you try all three Initial D games? If so, are there any differences in ffb feel between the three of them?

jonnycorporate

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2022, 01:10:55 pm »
I only played v3 (export version) I'm afraid.

Not sure what the ffb is supposed to be like in the game but on flycast the steering is very light. The effects are strong though (over bumps, collisions etc).

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2022, 06:52:55 pm »
I only played v3 (export version) I'm afraid.

Not sure what the ffb is supposed to be like in the game but on flycast the steering is very light. The effects are strong though (over bumps, collisions etc).

Got it, thanks for the reply.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2022, 07:33:46 pm »
Curly?
= difficult/involved :)

This forum is the only place where I could find that info!
That's why the guide is up :) I happened to be on Alexvgz's IDZ translation discord over the few days he was playing around, so i caught the Flycast dev releases. Disc is fine, but a lot of info isn't hitting the same forums anymore. There's a ton of TP info that never will.

I do note some posts in the FFB thread about Flycast ID3 FFB and x-input. Might add a note to the post with the guide to look out for that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 07:37:53 pm by buttersoft »

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2022, 08:03:34 pm »
OK I just tried to run Initial D 1 in Flycast for the first time. I have all three Initial D games Japanese and "Export" versions. I have the zip and CHD files next to each other. The Japanese versions work. However, when trying to run the Export version, I'm met with this error:

"This game is not acceptable by main board"

I did some research and someone replied saying anyone with that error probably has the wrong naomi2 bios file. My naomi2 bios file is from my MAME set, albeit somewhat an older set from around 2019 or so.

Oh and I need to mention, I set my region to USA prior to loading Initial D Export. But once I launch the game, the region changes to Japan, and is grayed out so I can't change it. Is this a bios issue?

Any ideas guys?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 08:17:04 pm by isamu »

jonnycorporate

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2022, 06:01:34 pm »
Has to be a rom or bios problem.

That's the same message you get on Naomi/Naomi 2 games if you set the wrong bios in Demul.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 06:03:25 pm by jonnycorporate »

TheCiscoKid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 05:07:55 am
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2023, 02:23:30 pm »
Been messing around with this, the link connection works perfectly on one PC or across 2 (tested for IDAS3)... though I can't get the game to run at a playable frame rate with this emulator, compared to Demul  :dunno
not sure if I need a beefier PC, different settings - or just to wait patiently as the emulator is optimized

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2023, 07:36:12 pm »
Been messing around with this, the link connection works perfectly on one PC or across 2 (tested for IDAS3)... though I can't get the game to run at a playable frame rate with this emulator, compared to Demul  :dunno
not sure if I need a beefier PC, different settings - or just to wait patiently as the emulator is optimized

There are settings in the menus you could try, to tweak performance. I haven o idea what they actually are as i never had to use them, and it's been a while since i looked.

TheCiscoKid

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2023, 07:02:00 am »
I'll have to do some troubleshooting! Do you find it runs fine for you?

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2023, 02:16:13 am »
Yep, both instances run fine for me, network and all

TheCiscoKid

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2023, 07:58:37 am »
Yep, both instances run fine for me, network and all

Hey, so it seems like all I had to do was turn vsync off!! Running quite smooth now! Eager to put a video together once my setup's done

I've got it setup with two logitech wheels across two PCs right now, and it seems like from my earlier testing FFB works fine up until I network
going to verify this now but it's something I've already talked to Boomslang about on Discord, just need the timing to line up where we're both free to troubleshoot

UPDATE: I tried out the latest dev build of Flycast and now it works for me with vsync enabled too! not sure what the issue was before
pairing this with the latest version of the FFB plugin seems to have fixed my issues there as well :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 10:09:13 am by TheCiscoKid »