Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Where to start diagnosing this WG 7200 chassis?  (Read 1215 times)

dmoore11

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 04:34:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Where to start diagnosing this WG 7200 chassis?
« on: February 11, 2022, 03:47:08 pm »
Hey guys, I turned on my Journey game and all the sounds were there but no picture.  I opened up the back and saw that there was no glow in the monitor neck at all so tested the voltages running from the power supply to the chassis and it was good.  I checked the fuse on the chassis with multi meter and it was good.  The chassis model info is WGE1972-HOGS39L and it is clean as whistle and looks brand new.  I did notice the original caps were all still there with the white epoxy still on the base of each cap and the board.  I'm fixing to pull up the schematics but thought I would see if you guys might be able to point out a direction to go in. :)  Thanks in advance for any help!  -D 

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Where to start diagnosing this WG 7200 chassis?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 11:34:59 pm »
When you turn the screen pot on the flyback to either end, do you see anything on the tube? Can you feel static when you put the back of your hand almost against the front glass?