Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone use COINOPS?  (Read 3325 times)

dankykang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2022, 12:16:41 am
  • vidya games
Anyone use COINOPS?
« on: February 04, 2022, 02:57:51 pm »
Anyone use COINOPS in their arcade cabinet?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:47:27 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Anyone use COINOPS?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 05:12:45 pm »
i think when the xbox fell out of use in arcade machines and PC started becoming more prevalent, coinops sort of went with it. i think mala and maximus are the most popular ones around here.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 09:02:14 pm »
Yes, I’m running it in one of mine,  CoinOps 7 Massive.  It’s great.

:dunno

dankykang

• Offline Offline
  • vidya games
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 03:53:32 pm »
i think when the xbox fell out of use in arcade machines and PC started becoming more prevalent, coinops sort of went with it. i think mala and maximus are the most popular ones around here.

Makes sense, thank you

jimj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 10:55:09 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 05:44:14 pm »
I hadn't heard of CoinOps before.  Based on a little googling it appears that this was originally made for x-box, is now available for PC and includes the front end and ROMs all together in one package.

I don't have a problem setting up MAME and its ROMS, so are there other compelling reason to choose CoinOps over other front ends? (I'm not trying to start a holy war here, just curious what CoinOps' strengths are :).  I know a lot of people here like Attract-Mode and LaunchBox seems like a pretty easy to use and feature rich front end.  After a 15 year hiatus I'm working on rebuilding my cabinet PC and will need to settle on a front end soon.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 07:46:36 pm »
It was an idiot proof way to get mame going with a decent front end on an Xbox.

dankykang

• Offline Offline
  • vidya games
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 04:05:42 pm »
I hadn't heard of CoinOps before.  Based on a little googling it appears that this was originally made for x-box, is now available for PC and includes the front end and ROMs all together in one package.

I don't have a problem setting up MAME and its ROMS, so are there other compelling reason to choose CoinOps over other front ends? (I'm not trying to start a holy war here, just curious what CoinOps' strengths are :).  I know a lot of people here like Attract-Mode and LaunchBox seems like a pretty easy to use and feature rich front end.  After a 15 year hiatus I'm working on rebuilding my cabinet PC and will need to settle on a front end soon.

I thought the coinops frontend looked amazing. And it has a "cocktail" mode with split-screen. We are making a cocktail cabinet so that is why I gravitated towards it.

Trickyj99

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 11:39:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 07:47:24 am »
Yes, I have you can tailor the system to play what systems you want and it works.
I think it has around 70 systems on it

allenc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:39:08 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2022, 12:47:01 am »
I like coin ops, have  bunch of different setup people have done. with coin ops with mame with all the scan lines and monitor bezels
use it on my stick and track ball cab
have in on my pole position 360 wheel games cab with coin ops arcade
have it on my californa speed cab using thrustmaster wheel, and also pc driving games
and going to use it on my revolution x shooter cab set up... that i'm still working on..
 but i prefer lcd on everything..

i have a wg9200 that i set up groovy on a bench to play with  ,i like to play galaga with the phospor monitor...
   but i prefer lcd and coin ops, then groovy