Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee monitor image flips to upside down  (Read 1344 times)

mulligan01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2022, 10:41:13 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden Tee monitor image flips to upside down
« on: February 03, 2022, 10:48:41 am »
I have a GT2k that has been working well for about a year since I bought it.  Now it will occasionally flip the screen image.  I first noticed it when I wasn't playing and the normal standby graphics were on the screen.  However when I start playing (1player) it would flip back to normal orientation. Not a big issue so I ignored it.  However, yesterday I tried to play 2 player for the first time in weeks.  Player 1 was fine but when it was Player 2's turn the screen would flip to upside down. 
I understand their can be some yoke wire issues that would cause the graphics to flip but it seems that would be an issue all the time rather than in certain situations.   Any advice, help, suggestions?    Thanks.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Golden Tee monitor image flips to upside down
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 04:56:03 pm »
I think you're right in that while flipping the yoke is a permanent solution, it's very unlikely to be a yoke problem here. Which makes it a board issue. A lot of old games had the ability to flip video, though i would have thought Golden Tee wasn't one of them. Either way this is the monitor subforum so you'd be better posting elsewhere for more attention. I have no idea which subforum on here is the right one though.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 10:47:31 pm »
I am almost certain your game is in cocktail mode. Great news, because it means nothing is broken. Its for if it were installed in a cocktail machine, two players would be sitting at opposite sides of the cabinet and when P2 is up, it flips the screen over so it matches their viewing direction.

I looked quick at the golden tee operators manual (for 99, can't find 2k, but I think they were similar)., It says cocktail is controlled by the dip switches on the PCB. It says switch 3 needs to be set to ON to turn off cocktail mode. See page 12 here:

https://www.crazykong.com/manuals/GoldenTee99.man.pdf

mulligan01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2022, 10:41:13 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 01:23:57 pm »
I think you probably nailed it.  When I turn on / plug in the machine I need to move the top dip switch to get to user settings to turn down the volume and set to free play mode.  I likely hit the other switch while I was in there. I'll check it out Thanks.