Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Free silver strike cabinet  (Read 3271 times)

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Free silver strike cabinet
« on: January 30, 2022, 04:48:21 pm »
Had a friend message me this morning asking me if I wanted this cabinet he found in the side of the road. We immediately ran down there and scooped it up. Its not in terrible shape. Coin door alone was worth the trip.

JimmyU

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:48:28 pm
  • I believe I can fly!
Re: Free silver strike cabinet
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 05:50:33 pm »
Any plans for it?

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 07:11:39 pm »
Any plans for it?
Not sure yet. I'd love to have a 2 player fighter. Not sure how I feel about the cab style but we shall see

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 08:28:37 pm »
Wahoo! Free cabinets are the best! I've modded 2 IT style cabinets. I always wanted to paint the white part yellow and do a whole pac-man theme, but never did. This is one of the cabinets I did:

Sold it for $850 I think. It was using a Pandoras Box 3 and a 27" widescreen monitor.

The other one I still have today:

Uses a PC and also has a 27" widescreen monitor. The game is 4:3, so you can see how much screen you get.

I used these 27" widescreen because I had them handy. I don't think anything bigger would fit. I sure wish I had a 25 or 27" CRT to drop in. Good find and good luck! I actually like the cabinet, and how the screen tilts back.

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:50:40 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 11:43:24 pm »
Outstanding!
Nice score.

Look forward to seeing a fun build thread here.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 09:54:03 am »
Wahoo! Free cabinets are the best! I've modded 2 IT style cabinets. I always wanted to paint the white part yellow and do a whole pac-man theme, but never did. This is one of the cabinets I did:

Sold it for $850 I think. It was using a Pandoras Box 3 and a 27" widescreen monitor.

The other one I still have today:

Uses a PC and also has a 27" widescreen monitor. The game is 4:3, so you can see how much screen you get.

I used these 27" widescreen because I had them handy. I don't think anything bigger would fit. I sure wish I had a 25 or 27" CRT to drop in. Good find and good luck! I actually like the cabinet, and how the screen tilts back.
That looks amazing. I just want to play a bunch of vs. Fighters. Wasn't planning on building anything soon until this came along. I got enough extra buttons and 8 ways in my parts box. And I'm just a power supply shy of a decent pc to put in it. Is there a fighter only version of pandoras box? I've never used one. Would definitely like to be able to play mk4, gold on dreamcast if i have to.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 10:35:35 am »
Lives in the midwest... "Waterman Arcade."

::)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:47:02 pm
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 12:13:20 pm »
Back when I had a bar in my basement, I was on the lookout for one of those to MAME.  The CP and screen angles work great for golden tee (duh), but are also comfortable for two player fighters.
The screen is also big enough that vertical games don't feel tiny. Throw a trackball and two player street fighter layout in it.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 01:03:31 pm »
Back when I had a bar in my basement, I was on the lookout for one of those to MAME.  The CP and screen angles work great for golden tee (duh), but are also comfortable for two player fighters.
The screen is also big enough that vertical games don't feel tiny. Throw a trackball and two player street fighter layout in it.
I've been checking market place and cl for like 7 years looking for a decent cab. Was so lucky to find this by the road. To top it off it was by the road 4 days before I even found out. I'm surprised nobody wanted it.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 08:57:19 am »
I've been checking market place and cl for like 7 years looking for a decent cab. Was so lucky to find this by the road. To top it off it was by the road 4 days before I even found out. I'm surprised nobody wanted it.

One has to be a special breed of people, as we are, to appreciate the old cabinets.