Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Composite sync in Atom15?  (Read 1441 times)

sittingduck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2023, 04:08:35 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Composite sync in Atom15?
« on: January 23, 2022, 05:56:50 pm »
I'm all ready to try my luck with Groovymame and have everything lined up including a nice 25" CRT-television from Sony (I'm in Europe so scart) and a UMSA-adapter. I don't want to risk trashing the tv by mistake, som I'm gonna flash Atom15 to the HD 5750 gfx card I'm using. But do I flash it with the composite sync option enabled or disabled for the setup I have? Thanks.

Oh, and do you think I will be happy running a Core 2 Quad 9650 (3GHz) with latest GM v .239? Or is it so slow, that I would be happier with an older version?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 04:13:07 am by sittingduck »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Composite sync in Atom15?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 09:59:23 pm »
I would imagine that PC will be fine for GroovyMAME.

From the UMSA page- "Converts 15Khz RGBHV via a DSUB HD 15pin  to 15Khz RGBS SCART signal"

You will need to use separate H- and V-sync (which is default) and not set up anything in the PC for composite sync.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 03:29:30 am »
sittingduck,

I wouldn't worry too much about potentially breaking your Sony. Better install Emudriver/GroovyMAME and get everything up and running before attempting the flash. Starting things with a flashed card isn't recommended unless you have some experience.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

sittingduck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2023, 04:08:35 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 04:48:39 am »
Buttersoft and Calamity, thanks to both of you. Now I can press on. I'm comfortable with flashing my card, but I'll hold off, until everything is up and running smoothly. Thanks again, much appreciated.