Main > Main Forum

Steam games controls

(1/1)

Biz101782:
I have a new cabinet I built.  Using Steam and big box, and my controls are Ultimarc ipac board.

I am having the toughest time setting up steam games: killer instinct, mortal Kombat xl, guiltly gear strive, street fighter V, etc....some of these games will not even recognize the ipac inputs (which are keyboard inputs)
Anyone have same issues?  Is there a software I can use to help with this?  Thanks

BadMouth:
Been a long time since I messed with it, but since nobody else has chimed in.

This works for a lot, but not all games: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,96377.0.html

I used that until Injustice came out.  I could not get anything to work for Injustice, so I switched to hacked xbox360 fight pads. (wires from my buttons soldered to the gamepad pcb).
I kept the keyboard encoder for ESC and a couple other buttons.

This worked fine on Windows 7.  It did take some swapping to get P1 & 2 correct for both games that used xinput and dinput, but once they were set they stayed in order.
The only issue I ran into was that some games (Mortal Kombat X IIRC) required me to map every button on the fightpad, but I only had 7 buttons per player.
I had to jumper a wire to get through the mapping screen, but all was good after that.

All was well until I updated the cab to Windows 10.  The windows controller IDs would not stay in order after that.
I gave up and went back to the keyboard encoder and deleted the Steam games from the cab.  That was several years ago.  I have not tried again since.
I still may go back to windows 7 and switch back to the hacked gamepads.

nugarp:
I struggled with the same for a bit. x360ce wasn't quite cutting it for me, either.

Use this to mock x360 inputs: https://github.com/djlastnight/KeyboardSplitterXbox/releases/tag/2.2.0.0

There is no command line, but here is an AHK script that I wrote. You may need to modify it depending on how slow or fast your computer is. Run it as "file.ahk profile1 profile2" it only works for 2 players with version 2.2.0. You will need to modify it if you need more players. It is hardcoded to use keyboard_01 but you can change that of course. Compile to Exe. You MUST run this script's exe file as admin.

--- Code: ---; Defaults
Profile1 = ipac1
Profile2 = ipac2

; Get profiles from params
var1 = %1%
var2 = %2%
If (var1 != "")
 Profile1 = %var1%
If (var2 != "")
 Profile2 = %var2%

; Do your thing
SetKeyDelay, 0
Process, Close, KeyboardSplitter.exe
Sleep, 10
Run KeyboardSplitter.exe
SetTitleMatchMode, 2

; Wait for app to start
WinWait djlastnight
WinRestore
WinActivate
WinGetPos X, Y, W, H

; Wait for window to be fully initialized
while (W < 750) {
 WinGetPos X, Y, W, H
 Sleep, 10
}

; Send tabs to control values
Send {Tab 8}
; 2 = 2 players
Send 2
Send {Tab 5}
; Set keyboard input
Send Keyboard_01
Send {Tab 2}
; Mouse input -- N=>NA
Send N
Send {Tab 2}
; Set Profile
Send %Profile1%
Send {Tab 58}
; Keyboard input for p2
Send Keyboard_01
Send {Tab 2}
; Mouse input -- N => NA
Send N
Send {Tab 2}
; Set profile2
Send %Profile2%
Send {Tab 69}
; Hit the start button
Send {Enter}
Sleep, 750
; Minimize the app
WinMinimize
--- End code ---

Fursphere:
The Ultimarc Ultimate IPac can be switched into XInput mode.   This should work with a lot of steam games.  Be aware your player 1 and player 2 controls may swap on you.   

https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac-ultimate-i-o/  - check out the multi-mode tab.   

Some things I learned having gone down this road:
1) Windows will swap gamepad IDs on you sooner or later.   You'll have to learn to live with it.  Some games choose player 1 based on ID, other choose it based on which one hits a button first. 
2) To get the Ultimate IPac -out- of Xinput mode and back into keyboard input mode, you have to hold a button combination.    See webpage above.
3) Some Steam games / PC games expect analog joystick inputs.    Your digital arcade joystick will be the "d pad" on a gamepad - you won't have left or right analog sticks.   Sooner or later you'll find a game that demands these and you'll be stuck.  I have gamepads on standby for this.

Good luck! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version