Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Automation  (Read 6845 times)

Ropi Jo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2024, 04:26:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Automation
« on: January 20, 2022, 03:52:51 pm »
So.. are we going to see any automated projects this year..... or what?

There's been virtually F-ALL since mine.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 03:55:19 pm by Ropi Jo »

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 11:58:47 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
Re: Automation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 01:35:58 am »
I know I'm still too much of a sissy to try at this point!
 :lol

Bueller...?
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 06:55:34 am »
Nothing in the immediate future for me.

Waiting for you guys.

darthpaul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 23, 2022, 07:34:53 pm
  • Join, It's your duty
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 12:00:58 pm »
Nothing for me but I started dismantling the automated cabinet. I needed to make room for a Mandalorian Pinball machine that is due to arrive in March. Thanks for all your help with the cabinet Ken but I just went too far with it. If I had designed the cabinet from the beginning to do what we hoped it would do, it may have worked. I do plan to do a pedestal build. The only automation planned for it is the 4way to 8way joysticks using servos and your joychoose.  I was thinking about having the light guns rise up out of the control panel but I think I'm just going to keep it simple. Look out for the project announcement, I'm working on the control panel art right now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 12:31:39 pm by darthpaul »
"You don't know the power of the Dark Side"
Automated Cabinet
Nintendo Pi
PiCubed

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 09:52:04 am »
Nothing for me but I started dismantling the automated cabinet. I needed to make room for a Mandalorian Pinball machine that is due to arrive in March. Thanks for all your help with the cabinet Ken but I just went too far with it. If I had designed the cabinet from the beginning to do what we hoped it would do, it may have worked. I do plan to do a pedestal build. The only automation planned for it is the 4way to 8way joysticks using servos and your joychoose.  I was thinking about having the light guns rise up out of the control panel but I think I'm just going to keep it simple. Look out for the project announcement, I'm working on the control panel art right now.

Bummer man, but that project was a big challenge.
Mandalorian Pinball? Man that sounds great! Be sure to post pics when you get it.
Good luck with your pedestal build. Joychoose is still broke for the newer releases of Mame. Try Control Choose instead. I think it will work for all versions of Mame (but of course I could be wrong).

darthpaul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 23, 2022, 07:34:53 pm
  • Join, It's your duty
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 01:21:23 pm »
I'm keeping all the old software running on Windows XP, everything was working so no need to change.
"You don't know the power of the Dark Side"
Automated Cabinet
Nintendo Pi
PiCubed