Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Does any one have Mame Keyboard Mappings that doesn't use CTRL ALT or SHIFT?  (Read 1467 times)

rsoden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2022, 09:36:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Does anyone have a list of keyboard mappings for mame that doesn't use ALT CTRL or SHIFT?

Every time I have 3 or 4 players using my cab MAME loses focus kicking people into windows. I have disabled the windows key and I am pretty sure the losing focus is from too much button mashing with the modifier keys.

My next step is to remap the buttons in MAME for the 3rd and 4th Player and then remap the ipacs in my cab. But before I do I thought I would ask if anyone has a good mapping that cures the crashing and works well in general.

thanks

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 04:47:42 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Does anyone have a list of keyboard mappings for mame that doesn't use ALT CTRL or SHIFT?

Every time I have 3 or 4 players using my cab MAME loses focus kicking people into windows. I have disabled the windows key and I am pretty sure the losing focus is from too much button mashing with the modifier keys.

My next step is to remap the buttons in MAME for the 3rd and 4th Player and then remap the ipacs in my cab. But before I do I thought I would ask if anyone has a good mapping that cures the crashing and works well in general.
There's a list of unused keys at the bottom of the image.
Fix the yellow overlaps and the five modifier keys.
1. Overlapping defaults
There's an overlap in the I-Pac4 defaults for P2B5-P2B8 and P3 Joystick. (both use I, K, J, and L)

2. Modifier keys
Good advice from BadMouth here.

There are five default MAME "modifier" keys that can cause problems:
- P1B1
- P1B2
- P1B4
- P3B1
- P3B2

Scott
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 07:19:46 pm by PL1 »