Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 60-in-1 icade jamma board issues  (Read 1677 times)

gms1975

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2022, 09:45:05 am
60-in-1 icade jamma board issues
« on: January 19, 2022, 02:39:26 pm »
Is anybody else having issues with the 60-in-1 boards (other than the general software/emulation quality criticism)?  I am getting about a failure rate of 30% lately that I have to exchange.  They won't save the settings.  I go into the internal menu using the number 4 dip switch and change settings to free play, no demo music, # of lives, etc.) save them all.  When it is powered back on, it either goes right back to factory settings or it saves the settings for the first few power ons and power offs and then reverts back to factory settings.  On some of the boards I have gotten it boots back and forth between factory settings and my custom settings every time it is powered on and off.  I have had this happen in the years past a few times, but never with this frequency of boards.  I don't know if the seller got a bad batch or what.  Voltages are all right on.  Anyone else have these issues?

Update:
Had this conversation with the seller:

Hello, these 60 in 1 boards have had a high failure rate lately. I go into the menu by switching dip switch 4 and change the settings (free play, number of men, no demo music, etc). I save them all by hitting the one player button after changing each setting. The voltages are good on the power supply 12v and 5v. Sometimes as soon as I power it back on after switching dip switch 4 back, it goes back to factory settings and forgets all the settings I just changed. Sometimes this happens after it initially saves the settings and is powered on and off a few times. If I go back in and change the settings again, it happens again. I have never had so many bad boards before. The failure rate on these boards lately is about 30-40%. I have had to return several. Is this a bad batch you got recently?

hi thanks for your patience The factory's reply is as follows They said there was nothing wrong with the board, maybe it was caused by voltage or improper operation If you can't save the settings, you need to measure the voltage of the 28P wire, not the voltage of the power supply The settings cannot be saved when the voltage is lower than 5V We are continuing to follow up on this issue We will test this board in large quantities to confirm whether there is any problem with the board If there is new news, we will reply you immediately thanks a lot

If this is the problem, how can I replace it with a 60 in 1 board from another seller and it works fine in the same machine?  I have replaced two of your boards with 60 in 1 boards from another seller and they work fine.  I just had another one you just shipped do the same thing.  I changed all the menu settings, and it saved fine.  Turned the game on and off several times and it was fine.  Turned it on this morning and it went back to the factory settings again.  I have built many of these machines and never had these issues until recently.

How can the voltage be too low at pin 28 and fine at the power supply?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 08:22:40 am by gms1975 »

gms1975

• Offline Offline
Re: 60-in-1 icade jamma board issues
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 08:22:59 am »
Main post updated with new information.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:54:45 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 09:12:06 am »
They are ---smurfy--- 60 in 1 boards.

The manufacturers and sellers don't care at all if a bunch of them are bad.

Even when they work perfectly they suck.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 05:15:46 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 11:29:39 am »
Sounds like you use a high volume of 60 in 1 boards.  Cab butcher?

gms1975

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 12:08:56 pm »
No, I know how to build.  Thanks for your helpful response.

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 01:00:11 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 12:40:54 pm »
---smurfy--- wire/wiring.

Continuing to use those boards is an affront to all this hobby stands for.

There are a multitude of other solutions that are more reliable, offer better gameplay, are built by people who really care about old video games, etc.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.