Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Initial D 4 Controls Configuration in Teknoparrot  (Read 3161 times)

wichitakid71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:03:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Initial D 4 Controls Configuration in Teknoparrot
« on: January 18, 2022, 11:04:58 pm »
I am trying to run Initial D 4 in Teknoparrot. The game will launch just fine, and I can navigate through the menu, choose a car, etc. When it comes time to start a race, my gas and brake don’t work. All of my other Teknoparrot games including later Initial D games work just fine. I assume I have to go into the test or service menus and configure something but I can’t figure out how to do it. I have mapped a test and a service button, but I boot straight into the game and don’t see an opportunity to try to configure the pedals.  The issue exists in both the Japanese and Export versions.

Can anyone who has dealt with this issue help.  Thanks in advance.

Scott

wichitakid71

• Offline Offline
Re: Initial D 4 Controls Configuration in Teknoparrot
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 11:10:06 am »
Posted several places, so I'm guessing no one has dealt with this specific issue, so it's on to brainstorming.

I saw someone suggest they fixed a wonky calibration setup by deleting some file that stored the calibration info, and then when they rebooted the game, it prompted them to configure the wheel and pedals.  This was a later version of ID, not ID4 which is what I am struggling with.  The only settings file I can see is the ID4.ini, but it doesn't appear to have that info. 

Anyone have any thoughts along these lines?  If the answer is obvious to you, it isn't to me.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thank you.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 02:29:46 pm »
best to just come to teknogods discord and we can help directly

wichitakid71

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 07:36:07 pm »
I joined yesterday evening, I'll head there to look for help.  Thanks.

P.S.  The force feed back plugin is an awesome feature.  Thank you!

wichitakid71

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 10:57:34 pm »
For posterity, I thought I would share my solution.  I reconfigured my pedals as negative pedals, so they are now read in Teknoparrot, MAME, etc. as y-, z-.  ID4 worked with this setting, and other games and systems do as well.  Thanks to all for the suggestions.