Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Assistance needed reviving MAME Console with Mala FE  (Read 991 times)

y2k600f4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2022, 04:29:45 pm
Assistance needed reviving MAME Console with Mala FE
« on: January 17, 2022, 09:13:07 am »
It's been a while but my MAME console built-in 2007 and successfully upgraded in 2015 finally died; running on an old PIII XP machine that appears the hard drive crashed. I was running Mala FE with GPWIZ49 (49 way joysticks) along with set49mode.

I had a i5 W10 computer laying around so decided to rebuild. I successfully installed Mame 0.223 with Mala 1.82 beta (modified MAME.xml to import the game list). I also installed the GPWIZ49.exe drivers.

I am unable to find the set49mode or related control.ini files and it is been a while and can't recall how to set up Mala to use the GPWIZ49 encoder. Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Update: More I read....it appears Mala is obsolete. Any suggestions of a FE that will utilize my 49 ways and GPWIZ49 joystick interfaces?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:40:48 am by y2k600f4 »