Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

How to use an a-pac?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Malenko:

--- Quote from: sirgubster9 on January 15, 2022, 01:03:22 am --- Are there any tutorials or documents or anything that basically gives you step by step instructions on even hooking the apac up to the steering wheel and pedals?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: PL1 on January 15, 2022, 07:10:21 am ---One option is KADE miniArcade 2.0.
Scott

--- End quote ---

BUY A KADE!

sirgubster9:
Definitely trying not to maim the cabinet, it is a complete cabinet just missing the game board. Just trying to figure out how to hook it up so that basically I can play crazy taxi on it ha ha. Of course playing other games would be cool too. Looking for the simplest route for sure. And I have no idea what a mini Kade is. But whatever the simplest route would be and as long as it's not too expensive I am in. That's why the a pac seemed like the route to go right?

sirgubster9:
Maybe I just need to continue to do a ton more research. I have worked in many arcades and done the whole Mame thing and basically hooked up arcades from scratch. I didn't think a steering wheel would add that much to the complicated factor but wow it seems to I guess ha ha.

sirgubster9:
Oh and per my small child I need to be able to play batman on it as well. Ha ha.

PL1:

--- Quote from: sirgubster9 on January 15, 2022, 10:26:00 am ---Maybe I just need to continue to do a ton more research.

--- End quote ---
Wise choice.   :cheers:

Good place to start is by making a COMPLETE list of ALL of the controls/buttons/indicator lamps on the cab and what type of input or output they use. i.e. potentiometer (analog), microswitch (digital), 360 degree steering wheel (optical), view button lamps (LED controller output), etc.
- Once you know that and what games you want to (and can) play on that setup (hopefully including that Batman game) you can choose the right encoder(s) and perhaps an LED controller.  See the What type of build meets my needs? design process in the FAQ and pay special attention to steps 2 and 4.

For example, you mentioned connecting the steering wheel and pedals to an A-Pac, implying that they use potentiometers. (analog input)
- Are the pedals wired as single axis or dual axis?

- What kind of shifter?
-- You can easily connect a 4-speed 4-switch shifter via any encoder, but a 4-speed 3-switch shifter can be more tricky to wire.   ;)

--- Quote from: sirgubster9 on January 15, 2022, 10:26:00 am ---I didn't think a steering wheel would add that much to the complicated factor but wow it seems to I guess ha ha.

--- End quote ---
A 270 degree (potentiometer) steering wheel by itself is easy.

Also adding pedals, a shifter, and (maybe) other controls and indicator lamps is what can make it complicated.   :lol

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version