Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: groovymame crashes windows 7 on new setup  (Read 2142 times)

trick72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:20:55 am
groovymame crashes windows 7 on new setup
« on: January 11, 2022, 09:35:56 am »
Hi,
in short:
- Windows 7 64bit AMD 6700 series video card with a 31khz CRT arcade monitor
- connection is a hdmi to vga adapter to the analog VGA port of my 31khz CRT arcade monitor (only input it has is an analog vga connector)
- My AMD graphics card has an analog VGA too, but when I connect it directly to the monitor with a analog vga cable I have only a black screen. It seems to not go into sync, not even during boot up or in the post-bios screen. The analog vga works with a normal PC lcd monitor, but not with the arcade monitor. When I use the hmdi port and a vga adapter it does work.
- latest CRT emudriver, modelines generated and installed. When using arcade_osd I can see the installed video modes, and can select them and when I do, I see the raster screen (red/green) and the selected video mode fine.
- when launching groovymame (with admin rights), the system hangs. I see a black screen with the mouse pointer wheel. I can do ctrl-alt-del to end-task groovymame but it keeps hanging, and can't do anything. Windows 7 seems to hang as well, cannot shutdown/restart. Only option is to switch off the PC. When i press CTRL-ALT-DEL to go to task manager while MAME is running,  I do see that the actual resolution has changed to the requested low resolution needed for my test game Arkanoid as everything looks "bigger". So it seems the resolution was switched fine to the requested resolution but mame itself hangs.
- I also tested the official mame build, and that works fine for arkanoid on this same setup. It runs fine and I can play the game.
- I created a log file and attached it to this post. I checked it briefly but I don't see any error messages or weird things in it.
Please help. Thanks

trick72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:20:55 am
Re: groovymame crashes windows 7 on new setup
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 03:36:59 am »
topic can be closed.
I solved it. Seems it was the Realtek Audio over HDMI that was enabled that caused it. Is disabled this (since I use HDMI for VGA) and now it works fine.
Thanks