Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New convertible Lightgun and Controller (OneShot)  (Read 3048 times)

SKIM_MILK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2022, 02:46:52 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
New convertible Lightgun and Controller (OneShot)
« on: January 07, 2022, 07:00:23 pm »
I'm new to this forum and was surprised to not see a thread on this Kickstarter convertible Lightgun controller on here. It appears to use a similar "camera pointed at monitor" tracking system to Jiachun Yuan whose work has been featured in other threads. Here's the OneShot's trailer:

Their YouTube also has some less flashy actual in game footage. The controller seems fairly affordable and has an innovative design, and appears to read to the computer as an X-Input device for button prompts and joystick controls, and cursor control for Lightgun aiming. But something that caught my eye above all else is that the developer appears to be modding modern FPS games to allow for Lightgun style pointing and shooting, something I've had a great fondness for since Wii and PS Move games supported this style of play on Call of Duty, Bioshock Infinite, and Metroid Prime. I don't know how you could make this work with a conventional Lightgun setup exactly (without joystick inputs to control your character like Time Crisis 4 with the GunCon3), but it's a step in the right direction to getting to play some more modern titles in this way. Here's some footage of the Dev playing Borderlands 3 with this mod working to shoot at targets all over the screen.