Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arpicade or PC with jpac?  (Read 1360 times)

rydin4life

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2022, 11:04:29 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arpicade or PC with jpac?
« on: January 06, 2022, 12:57:34 pm »
I have a spare cabinet that I put a Pandora Box DX in, but I don't really care for it and was going to go the route of Arpicade or a MAME PC with Launchbox via a jpac. The Arpicade solution seems by far the easiest - basically plug and play, add the kick harness for buttons 4,5,6 for each player and that's it. Of course, this doesn't get me some things I'd like including Killer Instinct, Primal Rage II, etc. which made me thing of using a PC with Launchbox and a jpac. This brings me to some questions:

- What's the best way to get a 15khz signal out of my PC and into the jpac so I can use the CRT?
- How would I power on the PC using the same cabinet power switch which currently powers everything?
- I read that sound is not handled by the jac so would I need a line from my PC to an amplifier and then from there to the cabinet speaker?