Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT Emudriver installation issue  (Read 1802 times)

silvereagle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2023, 05:10:23 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
CRT Emudriver installation issue
« on: January 06, 2022, 12:46:52 pm »
Hello everyone. I am hoping someone can chime in on my issue.

I have 3 CRT Emudriver setups on 3 of my arcade cabinets, so I am familiar with the program and setup, however, this latest build has me stumped. For the life of me, I cannot get the program to work. I have used 3 HD5450 video cards, re-installed windows 10 several times, followed the guide from A-Z and every single time, I get the same result. A purplish looking picture with horizontal lines on my CRT. (this CRT is in a cab running my other PC with CRT Emudriver, JPac and works without any issues. The PC being used is an HP Elite 8300 SFF. Only difference from my previous builds where I used Gigabyte motherboards. Not sure if this could be the issue. Not sure how to post a photo here, but I will try so you all see what the image on my CRT looks like.

I am at a loss. CRT Emudriver is showing up on VM maker just fine, resolutions are generated and installed just fine, but no dice. Never had this much trouble before.

I should add that I am using my LCD monitor to setup and once I enable EDID on output 1, the image on the LCD just changes resolution and does not go black or out of range which I never experienced with my other previous setups (other cabinets) It appears Arcade 15 is staying on the LCD monitor and not the CRT. WTF!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:26:13 am
Re: CRT Emudriver installation issue
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 01:50:50 pm »
You have issues with your monitor, it has nothing to do with emudriver, you shouldnt be able to see those raster lines, and the purple color should be black, so you need to mess with your monitor knobs first, to fix your problem. Flyback brigtness needs to be lowered down to disapear those raster lines.

silvereagle

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 02:15:54 pm »
Thank you for the help, however the monitor is just fine. I have a PC running inside of it with CRT Emudriver / Jpac running my MK games (MK3 cabinet and there is not a problem). The issue seems to be the CRT monitor is not being picked and the 15KHZ resolutions are being stuck on the LCD screen I am using to set up. Photos attached.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 02:20:31 pm by silvereagle »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 03:03:18 pm »
Try unchecking the box "Add modes from modelist" in the edid generation settings.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

silvereagle

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 03:10:18 pm »
Thank you Calamity. I will try it and report back.

While I have you, is it okay to enable EDID on the LCD screen, turn the PC on and then connect it to the arcade cabinet or do you suggest doing everything at the cabinet with the PC on and switch the VGA cable from the LCD monitor to the JPAC VGA cable to the back of the card?

silvereagle

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 05:04:44 pm »
Got it work finally. Went back and read Calamity's guide step by step and followed each procedure to a T. I was originally using the CRT Emudriver video Andy's arcade posted on you tube which worked for me previously, but not this time for some reason. I only generated the super resolutions this time around and holy Moses do they look gorgeous.