Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Force 2002 / Emerald V8.06 installation stuck at 84%

<< < (2/2)

mahkeymike:
Sounds like your hard drive is ---fouled up beyond all recognition---

navaroli:
I ended up doing the following to get V9.01 to boot:

- Modified the iso to boot into dos directly.
- Ran fdisk2, created two Fat16 partitions (one 1.8GB in size, the other 200MB).
- Marked the first partition as active.
- Reboot into dos again.
- format c: /s
- format d:
- Reboot into installation media, install.

I'm now able to boot into the software, however it hangs after detecting the touchscreen.  I think this is an issue with my machine though, and not the installation media.

Spank:
See if F5 I think it is, or is it F8? When it starts to load DOS, see if it works in that version of DOS. It will do a step by step line by line on config.sys and autoexec.bat
You can see where it is freezing. I think the older versions of the software worked with ELO and Microtouch touchscreens. or was that only on the XL games. I am pretty sure Diamond and Emerald still had ELO drivers in them, maybe it is getting stuck there. It was so long that I worked with DOS, My memory is going.

navaroli:
Thanks Spank for the tips and the image to try!  I figured out my issue - I had the I/O board plugged into a USB PCI expansion card, but it needed to be plugged into the standard ports on the back of the motherboard.  I was able to load and run the software after using the V9.01 installation media.  I still needed to format my HDD beforehand, which I did according to the previous post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version