Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LED Blinky flickering very fast  (Read 1568 times)

obizues

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2023, 06:17:35 pm
  • Before you start your next project, don’t.
LED Blinky flickering very fast
« on: January 01, 2022, 03:56:26 pm »
Has anyone had the issue where all the patterns flicker really quickly?  I don’t see any configuration or slow it down or make it so you can see things more clearly. I’ve tried various animations but they all go really quickly.

This also happens when I run my FE (LaunchBox.). It lights up all system buttons, but cycles in-between solid white to super fast blinking white and I can’t figure out if this is default or something I can fix.

MartyKong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2024, 03:47:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: LED Blinky flickering very fast
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 12:46:15 pm »
I have only tried some of the bundled animations that come with ledblinky and some do blink pretty fast. You sound like yours is set up for the full strobe effect:D. You might want to watch Mavericks Acade - animation editor video. He shows how to set up a custom animation which might give you some answers. Good luck.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
Re: LED Blinky flickering very fast
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 01:34:34 pm »
I work with RGB pixels for Christmas lights and I can't say without seeing video of what they are doing but it kinda sounds like what we see when there is a problem with the data.  When the leds turn on white they are drawing full power so if you don't have enough power or the supply lines can't handle the current it degrades the data signal causing it to flash and look like noise.  You could test the theory by either changing everything to only display one color like red, green, or blue and then only 33% of the power will be drawn...or if you can disconnect half the leds to reduce the power just to test it out.