Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Book of Bobba Fett  (Read 4282 times)

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
The Book of Bobba Fett
« on: December 31, 2021, 11:01:59 am »
First episode is on Disney+ now.
Anyone else watching it?
Thoughts? (I already starting to feel its not going to be as good as The Mandalorian.)

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
Re: The Book of Bobba Fett
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 06:00:10 pm »
I’m feeling the same. It’s not as strong as The Mandalorian, and they’re making Boba seem too much on the “goodie” side. He needs to be more bad outlaw style IMO. But we’ll see in the subsequent episodes.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 06:29:11 pm »
I enjoyed it enough but the character is odd.  Even my 20 year-old son doesn't think it is the same Boba Fett from E5 and E6.  Doesn't seem like the type of bounty hunter that Vader would have to warn against "disintegrations" either. 

Jennifer Beals as a Twi'lek didn't suck.

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:21:05 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 07:37:08 pm »
It is just like Marvel trying to turn Loki into a good guy.

He has murdered thousands, probably millions of innocent beings in his lifetime.

He was an interesting villain, a boring good guy.

I haven't watched Bobba FAT yet. It sounds like they are trying to do the same thing.

The Mandalorian is all about space wizards now. Boring.

It started out strong too.

Meh. Not watching this garbage gives me more time to do other things.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 09:44:46 pm »
Jennifer Beals as a Twi'lek didn't suck.

Lol I agree, the only shining part of the ep.

The Mandalorian is all about space wizards now. Boring.

It started out strong too.
Star Wars has always been about space wizards.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 11:54:40 pm »
Episode 2 was better than 1, I think.

Hopefully I wont reveal any spoilers.
I like the way they are exploring the sand people, shedding more light on their way of life.
I think they are comparing them to the American Indians during the time of their dominance.
I am still waiting for more excitement though.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 12:54:26 pm »

I like the way they are exploring the sand people, shedding more light on their way of life.
I think they are comparing them to the American Indians during the time of their dominance.
I saw him review somewhere saying it’s basically Dances with Wolves in space. I don’t disagree with that. I am enjoying this show, but it’s definitely a slow burn.

And referring to the change in the tone of the character… I don’t know, a near-death experience in the stomach of the Sarlacc might change your perspective on life. I’m curious how it all plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 01:02:30 pm »
Yup, Book of Boba is Dances with Wolves, and Spaghetti westerns.

The Mandalorian was Lone Wolf and cub.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 11:44:12 am »

I saw him review somewhere saying it’s basically Dances with Wolves in space. I don’t disagree with that. I am enjoying this show, but it’s definitely a slow burn.

And referring to the change in the tone of the character… I don’t know, a near-death experience in the stomach of the Sarlacc might change your perspective on life. I’m curious how it all plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to like this show.
and i agree near death experience can change a man but how many times is he going to let people go who try to kill him?
Also, when will he get guards for his pod chamber?

i'm liking the tuscan raider stuff far more but the way they cut up then and now each episode....i understand it but i think it slows things down.
I feel like only the tuscan storyline is developing and i like it far more.
the crime boss part doesn't seem to have any direction and kind of boring.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 10:52:19 am »
EP5 and EP6 have been amazing.  The show has really gotten back on track IMHO.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2022, 07:36:29 pm »
Last episode of the season.
No spoilers, but it was very good! Best episode yet.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2022, 10:27:22 pm »
Oh god no. That episode was god awful. The battles were so boring. Had a lot of unnecessary things like constant spin moves for “omg cool” factor. The “war” was so budget! They had what, 20 people total fighting? Felt really sparse.
The big destroyer scenes were so poorly written. Idiots running away down a straight path ina group just looking to get picked off. You idiots can duck into those buildings, or split up down alleys…it’s not like that street was walled off and there were cover points everywhere!!

Boba Fett admitting getting old really weakened his character overall. Self deprecating Boba?? That is not his character.

The best thing about the series was when the Mandalorian showed up a few episodes ago.
Mando was the shot of adrenaline the show needed. Without him, no way the version of Boba would have lasted.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 09:51:19 am »
Man, Book of Boba Fett... Wanted to love it. It had some genuinely great moments (which weirdly felt altogether like a different show - thinking mainly episodes 5 and 6), but overall it was a bit of a letdown. I didn't hate it, but just so many questionable choices in the narrative. I mean, I can't believe it took until the 7th episode that we actually saw Boba finally kicking some arse and using his jetpack whilst fully armoured up. They should've had him doing that in the very first episode, instead of getting beat up by those shield ninjas and letting Fennec do all the action stuff. Or in the fight against the Wookie:

"Hey Mr Rodriguez, are we going to do the fight scene with the evil Wookie with Boba using all the gadgets and arsenal he's got packed into his armour?"
"Nah, let's just let the Wookie fling him about a bit in his Y-fronts, then we'll get the ---smurfing--- Inspector Gadget kids to save him!"

Boba was too placid and turn the other cheek. Sure, give the guy a baddie turns good redemption arc, but don't turn him into an indecisive wuss that constantly gets outsmarted, FFS. I think instead of the Griff Tannen reject squad scooter gang, it would've been better if he'd assumed control of the swoop biker gang and used them as his muscle. And talking of needing muscle, no Bossk? No Dengar? Missed opportunities...

The show really lacked a strong antagonist too. Again a mystifying decision as it looked like the Hutt twins were going to fill that roll nicely and then they just ---fouled up beyond all recognition--- off in episode 3! Uggghhhh. The Pike's were fine as general cannon fodder, but we really needed a proper arch villain. Cad Bane turning up for 5 minutes doesn't count! Also (I'll stop ranting in a second) they should've had some Bib Fortuna in episode 4 - given some context as to how exactly Boba felt he'd been betrayed by him.

Like I say though, I didn't hate it. If we're getting into major SPOILERS here, the CGI Luke in episode 6 was mind blowing-ly well done. There was practically no uncanny valley-ness about him at all and having Ahshoka and Timothy Olyphant show up again was awesome. I really enjoyed the whole restoration of the Naboo N1 Starfighter as well, it's probably my favourite ship design from the whole prequel trilogy, so seeing one again here was a really nice touch.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 10:23:05 am »
Oh god no. That episode was god awful. The battles were so boring. Had a lot of unnecessary things like constant spin moves for “omg cool” factor. The “war” was so budget! They had what, 20 people total fighting? Felt really sparse.
The big destroyer scenes were so poorly written. Idiots running away down a straight path ina group just looking to get picked off. You idiots can duck into those buildings, or split up down alleys…it’s not like that street was walled off and there were cover points everywhere!!

Boba Fett admitting getting old really weakened his character overall. Self deprecating Boba?? That is not his character.

The best thing about the series was when the Mandalorian showed up a few episodes ago.
Mando was the shot of adrenaline the show needed. Without him, no way the version of Boba would have lasted.

agree.
up until the last 12 mins.
that was awesome.
everything and the kitchen sink.

but, i also consider Rampage a favorite so you know where i'm coming from.