Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Heads up for Transformers collectors Scourge is available for retail on Amazon  (Read 4990 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Use this link:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Toys-Studio-Voyager-Class/dp/B08KYFQ3WP/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3DXS2EAQJBMOC&keywords=studio+series+scourge&qid=1640746832&refinements=p_n_availability%3A2661601011%2Cp_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sprefix=studio+series+scourge%2Caps%2C70&sr=8-1

Now click on the other buying options and strangely amazon.com itself is selling him for retail, to be shipped in a month or so.  I've been loving the war for cybertron line, but some of these figures have been damn near impossible to get at a reasonable price and scourge is one of them.   Yes I know he's just a darker sweep but that's beside the point.  ;)

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:18 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Hey Howard, I hadn't realised you were into collecting Transformers. I'm a huge G1 Transformers fan, but I don't really tend to collect much these days just 'cause I'm a bit limited space-wise where I live. Those super movie-accurate Studio Series 86 figures look so damn nice though, I couldn't help but purchase a few. Super impressed with just how big the Slag figure is. I might just have to add Scourge to the collection...

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Since we’re posting toys, I just got this:

Maximillian will be here soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm

Very nice.  I have the soundtrack going through my head now just from looking at that picture.   :cheers:

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline

Ooooh, nice, didn't even know you could get The Black Hole toys. Maximilien scared the absolute bejesus out of me when I was a kid. That robot was so f'n sinister.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Black hole.   Nice.   I loved that movie as a kid but because it was a bit of a cult classic it was years until I actually knew the name of it so I could re-visit it.   Definitely worth a re-watch.   

My transformers collecting has been fairly recent.   When the pandemic started I had disposable income and nowhere to spend it so I bought the 35th anniversary Megatron on clearance thinking I'd just get a Optimus Prime and be done.   Well I think I'm up to 35 figures now.    :-[   It's the first line(s) where I feel they are making a legit attempt to be show/film accurate without some sort to stylized re-imagining.   I feel like kingdom and studio series 86 finally nailed it and the earthrise figures can be hit or miss.    I started collecting at the tail end of earthrise so I need to go back and fill in to get what I want.   I've gotten all the beast wars principal cast released thus far except that stupid amazon exclusive terrorsaur and I'm in the process of building a diorama for them.  I also want to do a season 3/ movie diorama, the quintession courtroom scene, the dinobots and a season 1/2 scene.   Unfortunately I've got to put up shelves to make more room. 

I've got all the studio series 86 stuff as well (except star scream.... I'm not paying an extra 20 bucks for hands that open and a plastic throne I'll never use).  The dinobots are especially impressive.   I'm waiting patiently for Sludge to be released.  I've also got a feeling that studio series exo suit spike is going to be hard to find.   I know it took me forever to find a rat-trap at retail and you'd think nobody would want a cruddy core class figure that much.

The big challenge thus far is trying to get some of those store exclusives from earthrise.   The seekers are still reasonably priced but the coneheads are sky high.  You can forget about ironhide and ratchet.   

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Thunderlips, please open those boxes and do something with those toys.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Oh, I don't leave everything boxed. Like I said, space is limited, so just leaving some stuff boxed is a necessity.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
So, I believe Howard and I are the same age, which makes us slightly too young for Transformers but I still enjoyed the ridiculousness when they were new.  I spent real money importing the Canadian VHS back in the late 90s and it’s one of the few pieces of ephemera I didn’t toss over the years.

I also got a VCR recently and love laughing at the absurdity of this tape on a 55” 4K tv.  The music thumps, though.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Noice! I was 10 when Transformers the Movie came out in the cinema over here in the UK and managed to catch it at the theatre twice. When it eventually got a home release it was VHS only and we had a Betamax video recorder so I couldn't get a copy to watch, I was so gutted. It wasn't until years later I finally bought a copy on VHS as an adult. And yeah, the soundtrack is awesome.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
I was 5 or 6 when the transformers started, so according to their marketing I was the perfect age.   That would have made me around 8 when the movie came out.   

So in related news, after 40 years they finally made a gi joe vehicle that scales with the 3.75 inch line and turns into a transformer.   

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-TRA-Project-Trooper-1/dp/B000OZW7M0/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3QHFZ4SPU3DO1&keywords=megatron+hiss&qid=1645752482&sprefix=megatron+hiss%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-1

It's not perfect but this might never happen again so I've already pre-ordered.   

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Yeah, I saw that. It's a nice idea and I like that the box is an amalgam of the classic original 1980's Transformers and GI Joe logo and art. It's a shame they didn't make Megatron a tad bigger though, scale-wise he only looks a couple of feet taller than the Baroness. He's got s fair bit of kibble on him in robot mode too. I'm presuming Hasbro'll make an Autobot/Joe counterpart to this something like Optimus Prime teamed up with Scarlett.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Honestly I think they shot themselves in the foot in terms of scale.   I understand why they did it, big transformers are expensive to make, but if they get around to doing the obvious Cobra Commander and Starscream combo they are going to realize that all the cobra jets tower over a HISS tank in terms of scale.   

Btw, Sludge and Scrapyard went on preorder today.  I prefer to get these guys in person but considering the supply chain issues they've had around here I went ahead and put them on preorder on amazon and if I find them in the wild sooner I'll just cancel them.   

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Bought some fairly inexpensive bootleg G1 Deception Cassettes from AliExpress (Rumble, Ravage, Ratbat and Laserbeak). Frenzy's also bootleg, but I've actually owned him since I was a kid (picked up at a market in Italy about 33 years ago). Beastbox is the only the genuine Cassette in the photo, that I picked up at a toy fair about 15 years ago.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Nice. 

I've ran out of room to display mine and I've got the ark on the way... couldn't pass up that entertainment earth sale even though I don't really collect titans.   Anyway, I hope to get some shelves up this weekend, and I'll take pics of my collection.   

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Oh man, I'd heard about they were making an Ark Titan figure, but totally forgot about it, I'll have to look up some pics of it. I also bought this mini Fort Max figure recently. It comes as a kit in three boxes you assemble yourself (I think it's about the size of a regular headmaster bwhen assembled). It's called Kabaya Transformers DX FORTRESS MAXIMUS Gum Model Kit by Takara. Was going to start putting it together today, but got distracted by cassettes turning up in the post.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Those are cool... post pics once you assemble it.   

The ark isn't perfect but for $124 after coupons and shipping and stuff I feel like it should be worth it.   The robot mode looks like the last autobot from the old comics.    8)

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/transformers-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-titan-autobot-ark/hsf1152

There's always a coupon on that site for 10% off if you search the net.  Good deal.  The only problem is I kind of want Omega Supreme to go with him now.... and they need bad titans or combiners to fight. 

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
That Ark alternate mode looks awesome, loving how detailed looking it is. I dig the whole Last Autobot Marvel G1 homage too, nice touch!

Ooooh, and if you need a nemesis for Omega Supreme to fight on your shelves, it's got to be Devastator!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 04:51:57 am by MrThunderwing »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
I've been looking at third party devastators.... my biggest problem is trying to get a sense of scale so I know if it'll look right with my mainline stuff.   I think the ark is around 19" in bot mode... not sure about Omega.   

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Finally got around to putting mini Fort Max together today. He also came with an even teeny-weenier Windcharger, Powerglide and Headmaster Spike (that were a right ballache to sticker up). Still, very happy with how he turned out.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Cool.   Are you calling that your marvel comics fort max?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
Yeah, he's almost about the right scale to be the Marvel G1 Fort Max as he originally appeared in the Headmasters mini series, before he got made bigger on Earth. If anything, he's actually a tiny little bit too small, he's more about the same size as one of the Headmaster 'juniors' like Nightbeat, rather than one of the OG ones like Chromedome.

Edited: In fact, no need to guess his size, here he is standing next to G1 Devastator for comparison.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 06:36:20 am by MrThunderwing »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Hmm... still need a devastator.    So I've built new shelves to house my collection but I used a pretty nasty poly to stain them.... they are outside degassing and unfortunately that probably means I won't be able to install them for a few weeks.   I might go ahead and work on my dioramas in the meantime.   Need to build a cybertron battlefield. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Hasbro Pulse is having a great sale right now.   40% off most transformers with a purchase of at least $75.   Bought 4 figures I wouldn't get because they are too pricey... saved around $80 total.   It's a shame pre-orders aren't included in the sale.