Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Buttons not pressing fully down smoothly & trackball getting stuck and scratched  (Read 1489 times)

obizues

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2023, 06:17:35 pm
  • Before you start your next project, don’t.
As the title says, I have a situation where some buttons seem to get "stuck" right before the full press down click.  I did cut all my holes with a hole saw, and not sure if the CP got cut at a slight angle or if anyone has had this issue?

As a second issue, my trackball has scratches all over it and has resistance when I try to move it around.  It sounds like a screw or something inside the housing is scraping it and not letting the ball go smoothly.  Has anyone had this issue?

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:59:55 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
What brand buttons?
Never seen that except with no name ones that were really cheap.
A little nyogel on the plungers may help.

Trackball housing can get tweaked if it is tightened down too much or unevenly and it can cause some binding.
Was it used when you began?
If some small bit of something got into the housing it will wreak havoc on the ball and rollers.

Sounds like you should take it apart and verify it is clean and the bearings and rollers work smoothly and see that it is mounted correctly.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:27:54 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Pop out the button plungers, wrap them in sandpaper, and spin them around a few times.  Then clean everything.  That's always fixed my sticky button issues.