Main > Everything Else

PI 1541

(1/2) > >>

nitrogen_widget:
Coolest thing i've used in a while.
I got the pi zero model for my vic 20.

Here is the site in case you havn't heard of it.
https://cbm-pi1541.firebaseapp.com/

i bought my hat from china.
followed the directions and it worked.
eventually.
there are two types of hardware and i had selected the wrong type in the config.

it uses the rom for the 1541 drive and a few other files from VICE emulator.

it's just really cool.
you use button on the device to navigate to vic 20 .d64 or .prg files, select the image which is the same as loading a disk into the drive (including slowness).
then type load"*",8,1 into the vic.
after it's done type run.
just like the c64.

now i did buy the pentultimate cartridge which gives you various ram options from 8k to 35k for the home brew games which there are a few out there.
that cartridge also comes with some games.

never had a vic20, my cousin did.
i had the ti99.

i'm def. getting one of these for my c64 once i get it repaired and i'm getting the one with the fast load cartridge built in.

danny_galaga:
Sounds good. I have one of those earlier disk drive emulators. So long ago I can't remember what it is. It's very handy but some multi disk games won't work. In particular, you can't save in Elite, which is what I was playing the most of.

So does the Pi version have this function?

nitrogen_widget:

--- Quote from: danny_galaga on December 23, 2021, 04:45:02 pm ---Sounds good. I have one of those earlier disk drive emulators. So long ago I can't remember what it is. It's very handy but some multi disk games won't work. In particular, you can't save in Elite, which is what I was playing the most of.

So does the Pi version have this function?

--- End quote ---

i'm not there yet.
the previous type SD2IEC might of had those issues before but it appears to of been fixed?

from what i've read, some games need to be run in VICE first to create a save disk image for the pi1541.
Wasteland on the c64 is one example.

i'll try Elite on the vic and report back though.

danny_galaga:
That's it- SD2IEC . Good little unit, very happy with it other than I can't do Elite saves

swofra:
Ahh, Elite.  Looked like a great game but i could never figure out docking and always crashed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version