Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ideas on mounting large crts?  (Read 12009 times)

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:17 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
Re: Ideas on mounting large crts?
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2021, 11:30:08 pm »
Avocado toast and lattes apparently don't do ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- for your physique.

I'm a corn and beef fed Gen-X unit myself (unwitting keto before it was trendy) and at 51 I can still carry the 32" Toshiba myself.

It's not pleasant mind you, and a bit hairball at times, but I can do it.
 :lol
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:30:39 am
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2021, 01:11:45 am »
Avocado toast and lattes apparently don't do ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- for your physique.

I'm a corn and beef fed Gen-X unit myself (unwitting keto before it was trendy) and at 51 I can still carry the 32" Toshiba myself.

It's not pleasant mind you, and a bit hairball at times, but I can do it.
 :lol

:lol when I move my 33" Grundig around I have to take a breather every 10-20 metres! But hey I'm well > 50 now so fair enough. Still, most of the issue is with getting a good grip, rather than the weight.

I used to do weights + swimming regularly and, on top of that, 50 pushups + 200 crunches every morning until 45yo. I only stopped after I had dengue fever and I couldn't find the energy anymore (post-viral syndrome). Now I'm just another fat middle-aged bastard (albeit with some muscles under the flab). I still teach swimming though.

Check out my completed projects!

Edgecrusher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • This is the way
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2022, 11:01:55 am »
You guys are cracking me up.
I was a bodybuilder all my life until a sportbike accident screwed my back up. Been busy enough the last couple years not to be getting the excersize I need and I'm getting pathetic. Im 47 and I  think ive reached that age where things go down hill quicker than before. Im finished with college this spring and I told myself this will be " the summer of Brian"! One last ditch effort to get my physique back.

Last two days I been busy building the base and have one side of the cabinet roughed out. Just need to clean thst up and use it as a template with a router to make the copy of it for the other side.
I may try to get the tube on the base today depending on how much time i have.
I've decided my artwork will be airbrushed so it will be awhile before it's all together.
Ill try to take some pics later.

Edgecrusher

• Offline Offline
  • This is the way
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2022, 06:27:22 am »
It doesn't look like much, but I figured out how to get the tube on the base. I laid it all on it's side and bolted the frame to the base. Then i could tip the whole thing up. Me lifting the tube alone wasn't going to happen and I don't have friends to help because I'm too busy with projects to have friends.
Right now I'm figuring out where everything is going and routing wires. I changed my mind about airbrushing.  I would love to but I have two other large projects I'd like to finish this winter plus im going to school four days a week and working 45+ hours a week. So I think I will just be staining the wood since everything in my house is very 'woody'.

My sides turned out ridiculously tall unfortunately.

Contemplating cutting the top down and just making a flat marque in that space over the tube..

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 06:35:57 am by Edgecrusher »

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:30:39 am
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2022, 06:46:27 am »
Contemplating cutting the top down and just making a flat marque in that space over the tube..

Yeah, I vote for that idea. Would look tidy then, rather than overbearing.
Check out my completed projects!

Edgecrusher

• Offline Offline
  • This is the way
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2022, 07:01:16 am »
I probably should have waited to get the tube up on the base before laying out my silhouette but you know how it is..

Edgecrusher

• Offline Offline
  • This is the way
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2022, 06:44:45 am »
Well it dawned on me all I had to do is bring the screen up more and it fit my silhouette better. This is no small kiddie cabinet. Just thought I'd share my progress. I have it apart now trying to paint the pieces which is hard to do indoors in the winter, but I'll finger it out.