Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Windows 7 updates unavailabe  (Read 3072 times)

vertexguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 05:26:12 pm
  • ...but this one goes to 11.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,161694.0.html
    • V E R T E X G U Y - The Online Portfolio of Chris Kline
Windows 7 updates unavailabe
« on: December 12, 2021, 12:42:47 pm »
I'm hoping since so many cabs are still running XP or slightly newer someone will have solved this already.

I'm going to be running Win 7, however I noticed in trying to update my sons machine that I require a security patch to get some software running (Unity in this case) and the only way it will work is if I'm running the latest security patch off SP1.  I have an SP1 disc but apparently it doesn't have all the patches.  The problem I'm seeing is that support.microsoft.com takes to you their old database of patches, and every single link in there points to windowsupdate.com, which no longer exists.  Has anyone found another safe source for update patches or some another safe work around given MS no longer supports 7?  I planned on running 7 on my cab as well, but this could be a potential blocker.  Shoot me a message if you think you can help.  Thanks!  :cheers:

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:35:47 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Windows 7 updates unavailabe
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 03:08:59 pm »
the last win7 security update didn't release as a service pack per se. but you can get "SP2" which they dubbed the "convenience rollup" here...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-obtain-and-install-windows-7-sp2/c2c7009f-3a10-4199-9c89-48e1e883051e

it might get you close enough to the end to get your unity update.