Main > Consoles

Batman Forever for SEGA Genesis

(1/3) > >>

pbj:
PBJ reviewing crap Genesis games is now a thing.  Deal with it.

So, I have personally caused a price bubble on SEGA genesis games on eBay.  I have bid on every single game that’s $5 shipped or less for the past 3 months.  Some decent deals here or there but then there’s this slip up.

I present, Batman Forever for the SEGA genesis.

You tell me.  What the hell do you do when presented with a screen like this?

If you pull up the relevant Gamefaqs page, one of the Q&As is “how do you fall through a hole in the floor.”  The answer is Down + C extremely precisely timed.  The anti 2600 ET.

The first level is so obtuse I couldn’t get through it without watching a YouTube video.  Turns out I had to go three screens back and throw a bat bomb at the floor and make another hole.  Absolutely no prompt in the game for any of this.

Moral of the story, pay attention to shipping cost.  I was chuckling about my 99 cent bid until I got that $9 shipping fee.

:cheers:

Malenko:

--- Quote from: pbj on December 10, 2021, 09:58:51 pm --- I was chuckling about my 99 cent bid until I got that $9 shipping fee.

--- End quote ---
Barney's Hide & Seek aint so bad now is it? As for eBay, I was doing the bid on anything under 10 shipped and I cant tell you how many times I almost bought an empty box with a repro label. Like pictures of the game in the box, last line of the description is "game not included"

lilshawn:
scam artists. like who the hell wants to buy a box. well except maybe some other scammer who will try and flip a game as NIB.

remember reading a story of some wanker who sold a game NIB on ebay and dude (some youtuber who buys NIB ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- and opens it) opens it, and it's a rectangle of 1/2" MDF.

wonder how many people out there think they have a NIB copy of super mario or something still sealed in an acrylic collector box on their gaymershelf and inside is a square of wood... but they will never know cause they will never open it.

pbj:
Don’t drink and post, bro.

There’s a reasonably decent yet abandoned fighting game that was hastily turned into an adventure game in the midst of all this crap.  I’ve gotten my &9.99 out of this…. Painfully.

nitrogen_widget:

--- Quote from: Malenko on December 11, 2021, 08:30:26 am ---
--- Quote from: pbj on December 10, 2021, 09:58:51 pm --- I was chuckling about my 99 cent bid until I got that $9 shipping fee.

--- End quote ---
Barney's Hide & Seek aint so bad now is it? As for eBay, I was doing the bid on anything under 10 shipped and I cant tell you how many times I almost bought an empty box with a repro label. Like pictures of the game in the box, last line of the description is "game not included"

--- End quote ---

i see that nonsense also.
they list the box for the going price of the actual item or close to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version