Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Using Arcade Legends Neotec NT-S500 with custom resolutions from a new PC  (Read 2466 times)

jars28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2021, 03:09:00 am
  • I have about 42 projects 90% finished.
Hi all, I haven't posted here in like 20 years or so and apparently that makes me a newbie. I couldn't figure out how to recover my old account, but my user name was available, lol.

I bought a first gen Arcade Legends off of FB market for $20, but the mainboard is done. Solid amber light. I tested the power supply, reseated the memory, reseated the RAM, and replaced the CMOS and still couldn't get it to post. I don't have a lot of money to sink into restoring it and it's not exactly an original cab or anything, but I do jave an abundance of patience and PC parts lying around. So I decided to use some custom drivers that another member here wrote with a new PC. I got the drivers up and running, but I don't know exactly what kind of monitor this is and what it can handle. I am outputting to the videotek board and it seems to work with more than the standard resoultions and standard super resolutions, but I don't want to damage anything and I want to make sure I am actually generating the correct signals for it.

The only info or documentation I could find was from Bob Roberts basically stating that he hasn't worked on them before and he can only make an assumption that it is a standard resoultion model based on the number ending in 00.

It's a NeoTec NT-S500 with a Samsung tube, as far as I can tell. It's marked S500 on the power chasis and the serial starts with s500. The tube may have been replaced, or NeoTec may have just used Samsung tubes. Does anyone have mote information on the monitors used in these? It says on the site for it to refer to the monitor manual, but I can't find that on either the current site or the wayback versions. The Wayback version requires Flash Player which has been removed from Windows10 at this point.
I'll eventually get back around to finishing one of my projects.