Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Troubleshooting FFB with two G25 Wheels in Model 2 Emu  (Read 4342 times)

TheCiscoKid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 05:07:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Troubleshooting FFB with two G25 Wheels in Model 2 Emu
« on: December 07, 2021, 03:52:15 am »
Hey, first post here so I hope this is the right place. Kinda a niche problem so any advice at all would be appreciated!
I have x2 G25 logitech steering wheels both hooked up to my PC. The FFB works on each wheel individually in the Model 2 emulator, but if I have two different .exes running at the same time (which is how I'd been getting multiplayer on a single PC, with each .exe getting its own monitor) the FFB only works with the wheel tied to the most recently opened .exe.
Controls work totally fine otherwise, both players can control their cars/pedals/gearshift - but the ffb only works for 1 player at a time.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just an unsolvable problem and I'm setting this stuff up more for LAN-play anyway, but if there's something I can do with Model 2 or the logitech profiler it'd be a cool option  :)

EDIT: So, a positive update but not a complete fix! ;D I have it working currently with Boomslangz FFB plugin running for player 1, and M2's default FFB support for player 2. This means player 2 isn't quite as arcade accurate, but it's better than it was before. When I try to run Boomslangz's plugin for both .exes with the respective wheels selected, it just locks up the controls for one of them :dizzy:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 07:00:26 am by TheCiscoKid »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
Re: Troubleshooting FFB with two G25 Wheels in Model 2 Emu
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 09:46:23 pm »
I added input support for M2 Emulator with FFB Arcade Plugin

You could try that

TheCiscoKid

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 10:08:35 pm »
I added input support for M2 Emulator with FFB Arcade Plugin

You could try that

I'd been using your plugin for other games but only just realised there was an M2 one, for starters I want to say thanks so much for the work you've done on all this - Daytona feels way better than it did with M2's default FFB.
Unfortunately I can't seem to run your plugin with two copies of the M2 emulator at the same time. Not sure if it has anything to do with my logitech profiler settings, or if it's that I'm using two identical wheels (tho your FFB GUI seems to detect each wheel individually without any problems when testing), or something to do with having two different M2 .exes open at once - but I assume it's gotta be one of these things

If I put the dlls/ini in each folder and link each one to a separate wheel in the GUIs, something seems to conflict and one of the setups gets locked up entirely (game doesn't read wheel turning or pedals). Currently got it 'working' by using your plugin for player 1, and M2's default FFB for player 2... not ideal tho  :dunno

If it's easier to talk on Discord I have the same username (TheCiscoKid) in TeknoGods, would really appreciate any advice

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 04:51:33 pm »
https://mega.nz/file/1BkE1aya#hHLr2OOuzBmLfCNeyvQUy9BQZU4ZPQtt1NoQdL7g_Es

try this

Just tested here with 2 seperate controllers and inputs and FFB working fine with TR300RS wheel and Xbox One controller

I was using FFB Plugin for both FFB and Inputs

TheCiscoKid

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 07:36:03 am »
Am I meant to place the plugin in both folders (player 1 and player 2) and configure the inputs for both wheels as device 1 in their respective GUIs? this doesnt work for me, one player's inputs get locked and the FFB from the working controls gets sent to the locked one (e.g. P2 cant control their car but P1's crashes turn P2's wheel - P1 meanwhile has no ffb).

Or am I meant to only have the plugin in one folder and configure the inputs for device 1 and device 2 in the same single GUI? I'm about to test this but unless it knows what wheel to apply force to based on the inputs, I don't see how I can do FFB Setup for 2 devices at once in the GUI... Or how it'll know that device 2 is meant to control the slave.exe... Will edit in my results in a sec

EDIT: Ok so regardless of whether I configure wheel 2 as device 2 in the same single GUI as player 1's .exe, or whether I configure it as device 2 in its own folder with player 2's .exe, no luck. In both cases it DOES stop the 2 setups conflicting/fighting for control over device 1, but device 2 is left with no FFB and im pretty sure the inputs (steering, accel, etc...) are just being read by M2 (not sure what's meant to take priority, m2 or the plugin)

Cant wait to just get a second PC haha, should make this a lot less fiddly
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 08:30:04 am by TheCiscoKid »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 10:39:40 am »
You should have 2 x m2 emulator folders and set up for network etc

Copy FFB Plugin files to both folders seperately from mega link above

Launch FFBPluginGUI.exe on m2 emulator #1 and goto input support

Check box which says Enable Input Support and will also need to reverse pedal axis then set up GUI as Logitech wheel #1 and select Axis and Buttons you want to use etc. Leave Device 2 GUI blank

Close FFBPluginGUI.exe

Now go too m2 emulator #2 folder and repeat steps but this time select Logitech wheel #2. Ensure Enable Input Support checkbox is enabled again etc and then close FFBPluginGUI.exe

Both copies should have device 2 gui blank. You only need to setup each folder as device 1 gui

Now launch M2 Emulator exe on both folders and select rom to play etc (I tested on Daytona)

I had working input and ffb on both

If enable input support checkbox is checked then I disable m2 emulators native input support so FFB Plugin has full control of game
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 10:45:01 am by Boomslang »