Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I tried Installing CRT Emudriver and none of the ports work on my monitor now.  (Read 3252 times)

Bdunp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2021, 12:36:27 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I was trying to figure out which port to enable edid emulation on since im running dvi-i adaptor to hdmi to my BenQ monitor. So I enabled edid emulation on the dvi option and then the HDMI option and it blacked out my monitor. It looks like I can access the bios when I turn the computer on but straight after that my screen goes black, ive tried all ports on my monitor, two GPUs and my onboard motherboard ports, nothing has worked. Is there anyway to fix this through the bios or motherboard menu when I boot up the PC. I was so close to finally getting it and then this happens. :'(

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Safe mode should work, from where you can uninstall the driver if you have to. It'll be at higher res though, not 15kHz. Or you could think about remoting in. Otherwise it's time to resintall Windows :)

Also, you should have posted this in the GRoovyMAME subforum. That's also the crt_emudriver support forum.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:31:45 pm
Try removing the GPUs and booting to the MB onboard video out.

If safe mode doesn't work, you can always access recovery options by using windows recovery tools, which normally comes up as an option if you try to install windows again (eg via USB image of install media). 
Check out my completed projects!

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Try removing the GPUs and booting to the MB onboard video out.

Yeah, that's a good one! Or use a card not support by the driver you installed. An Nvidia one, for example.

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:01:09 pm
I was trying to figure out which port to enable edid emulation on since im running dvi-i adaptor to hdmi to my BenQ monitor. So I enabled edid emulation on the dvi option and then the HDMI option and it blacked out my monitor. It looks like I can access the bios when I turn the computer on but straight after that my screen goes black, ive tried all ports on my monitor, two GPUs and my onboard motherboard ports, nothing has worked. Is there anyway to fix this through the bios or motherboard menu when I boot up the PC. I was so close to finally getting it and then this happens. :'(
If you dont see anything after the bios, the yes, taking out your card and using the onboard or another card would be your only option, if you can acces the safe menu via f8 or shift f8, or unpluging your computer 3 times (windows 10 trick) then youmight be able to go back to where it worked. Good luck.