Main > Consoles

The Sega Genesis and colors

<< < (2/8) > >>

Malenko:

--- Quote from: pbj on December 05, 2021, 11:12:47 pm ---I heard Eternal Champions back then but Iíve never seen it.

--- End quote ---
The cart version ran with about 55 colors on screen at once, I dont think the color count was much higher on the CD version except maybe for the "FMV" sections.

"BuT tHe GeNeSiS cOuLd NeVeR mAkE a GaMe ThAt LoOkEd LiKe SuPeR mArIo WoRlD!!"

pbj:
Interesting videos.  I'll have to try out that Batman and Robin game.

lilshawn:
dat genysis framerae tho

:puke

despite running almost 3x the CPU speed, but only 1/2 the memory... the genesis is a bit on the...slowww side.

but with some Genesis optimised code, an experienced developer could probably get SMW running on Genesis hardware same same only sacrificing a few things here and there.

pbj:
Yeah, but Nintendo also had a habit of launching their console with the best game for the system.  SMB 1, Super Mario World, and Wii Sports far outclass anything else on their respective systems.  It is amusing to see a half baked bootleg get mostly there, though.  I'll have to try it on original hardware and see if it plays better.

Malenko:

--- Quote from: lilshawn on December 07, 2021, 04:24:22 pm ---dat genysis framerae tho but with some Genesis optimised code, an experienced developer could probably get SMW running on Genesis hardware same same only sacrificing a few things here and there.

--- End quote ---
I think its really good considering its just some hobbyists throwing together some home-brew. I'm sure a dev like Stephen "Snake" Palmer could make it run like a dream but whats there is pretty neat!

--- Quote from: pbj on December 07, 2021, 04:31:50 pm ---Yeah, but Nintendo also had a habit of launching their console with the best game for the system.

--- End quote ---
SMB3> SMB1 , Zelda:LttP > SMW ... I'll give you Wiisports though, by a landslide.

I found the ROM and patched out the copy protection. I don't have time to put it on my everdrive pro tonight but I sent James the link (off of BYOAC) so maybe he can give it a whirl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version