Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Barney Hide & Seek for Sega Genesis  (Read 5468 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Barney Hide & Seek for Sega Genesis
« on: December 01, 2021, 12:42:37 am »
So, a very special Genesis friend sent me a very special surprise game - Barney Hide & Seek.

I quickly yanked the PCB out - surprisingly complicated.  Maybe it’s all the speech?  Barney never, ever shuts up. The case now has a flash cart currently running SF2 Enhanced.  But here’s what it looks like:

I could not get this game to photograph well for anything, but the graphics aren’t horrible.  Kinda reminded me of Bonk 3.

And here’s the ending if you 100% every level.  He says, “you found all the presents and friends” or something similar.  And you get some balloons and confetti.  More on this later.

I don’t know if I’m getting more tolerant in my old age or what, but I’ve found I’ve enjoyed these “bad” games a lot lately.  Maybe it’s that they cost like $5 and playing it for half an hour gets your money out of it?  Anyway, I recently spent some time trying to defend a mint, complete in box Pac-Man 2 purchase for Sega Genesis.  This game is better - no joke. 

This game will hilariously play itself without player input.  He won’t interact with anything, but he will work his way to the exit in the right and and comment on everything he finds in his path.  This takes approximately 9 minutes for the game to cycle through.  You get a “bad ending” with no balloons and he says something like “you are my super friend.”  (I wouldn’t be surprised if 100% on the final farm level was all you needed for the good ending)

I went through and found every friend, opened every present, and blew kisses at and hugged one of everything at least once (maybe I hugged the bear or played with the clam more than once) and it took me 25 minutes.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:52:39 am by pbj »

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:17 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
Re: Barney Hide & Seek for Sega Genesis
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 01:12:04 am »
Everything about this is hilarious.

Tipper Gore would have approved I imagine!
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 08:06:21 am »
Anyway, I recently spent some time trying to defend a mint, complete in box Pac-Man 2 purchase for Sega Genesis.  This game is better - no joke. 

There is no defending Pacman Adventures 2, its one of the worst games ever made. I never thought you'd actually play through this game when I bought it, but it was about the same price as an empty case and I'm glad to see you got my money's worth out of it. I kept trying to get you Sesame Street Counting Cafe but that game sells for $20+ shipped which is just a little too much for a gag gift. Now I guess I need to put Barney on my everdrive and see it for myself.

If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 01:42:29 pm »
This game will hilariously play itself without player input.  He won’t interact with anything, but he will work his way to the exit in the right and and comment on everything he finds in his path.  This takes approximately 9 minutes for the game to cycle through.  You get a “bad ending” with no balloons and he says something like “you are my super friend.”  (I wouldn’t be surprised if 100% on the final farm level was all you needed for the good ending)

:laugh2:

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:33:13 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 01:46:10 pm »
Everything about this is hilarious.

Mental illness is nothing to laugh about.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

pbj needs help not mockery.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 10:38:27 pm »
He just needs more plastic robots in his life.   Everything's better with Transformers.