Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JVL iTouch 6 issue  (Read 5864 times)

leafundersocre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2021, 01:17:16 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
JVL iTouch 6 issue
« on: November 27, 2021, 01:37:55 am »
Hello there!

Quite a while ago I got a bunch of Megatouch, Touch Master, and 1 JVL iTouch 6 machine.

I have gotten the others all up and working so far except the iTouch 6.  All hardware is finally up and working.  I have the iTouch 6 key with an iTouch 6 Plus V2.0D CD.  I am receiving an error that says Machine Locked - Invalid EEPROM - Call Operator.

When pushing the settings button on the I/O board or in the coin door a screen pops up allowing me to enter a PIN along with a serial number across the top.  I have gone through the whole system and only have 1 EPROM and that's the Datalight chip containing the dos boot stuff.  I did change that out with a different one just to squash that as an issue.

I've also tried booting without the key thinking that was the issue being greeted with a no key present message.  I tried a new CF and on boot the software was installed on it with the same outcome.

Any clue what EEPROM that is invalid that it's speaking of?  Is iTouch 6 Plus not valid with the iTouch 6 key?  I can't seem to find a copy of the iTouch 6 V1.0 software to try that.

Thank you in advance for any help!  :)

Megatouchmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:17:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: JVL iTouch 6 issue
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 09:21:22 am »
Does this machine boot from CD or CF card? Can you make an ISO of the CD and image of the CF card and send me a copy? I will try to replicate on my machine