Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Megatouch ML-1

<< < (2/3) > >>

mahkeymike:
dunno, it came in my 22 inch multitouch dell aio.  :dunno

pinballvideojuke:

--- Quote from: mahkeymike on December 06, 2021, 12:47:51 am ---dunno, it came in my 22 inch multitouch dell aio.  :dunno

--- End quote ---

Are you saying that you're running this on a Dell PC?

Also, I'm currently advertising an ML-1 for sale locally, and this may be a mistake, but I'm offering tech support to the buyer. In your opinion, should I buy a spare, used hard drive (eBay?) to have on hand, before they are unavailable anymore?
Thanks!

lilshawn:
i mean it's windows...if dump in your own drivers for stuff you can run it on anything.

windows embedded is basically windows...but with driver support for exactly what you need and nothing more... keeping the install size low and load time little better than normal windows.

--- Quote from: pinballvideojuke on February 17, 2024, 11:53:07 am ---Also, I'm currently advertising an ML-1 for sale locally, and this may be a mistake, but I'm offering tech support to the buyer. In your opinion, should I buy a spare, used hard drive (eBay?) to have on hand, before they are unavailable anymore?
Thanks!

--- End quote ---

even a clone of the drive you have won't work cause the encryption is tied to the hardware (motherboard, hard drive, serial numbers, ETC.) so unless you change your cloned drives serial number to match the original... or somehow un-encrypt the drive, clone it and then re-encrypt it with the new hardware in place... another hard drive wont work.

you were SUPPOSED to buy a drive from megatouch by providing your machine serial number so they could make you a drive for your machine... locking you into them being the sole provider for parts.

it is apparently possible to make copies if you know the machine serial number...but i know nothing about that.

Megatouchmike:

--- Quote from: lilshawn on February 17, 2024, 04:05:16 pm ---i mean it's windows...if dump in your own drivers for stuff you can run it on anything.

--- End quote ---

Shawn's right. A few years ago I replaced my ML1 motherboard with a low power mini itx board with only passive cooling. The performance difference was night and day. Took a couple hours of installing drivers and hacking together the audio connections but was worth the effort

mahkeymike:

--- Quote from: pinballvideojuke on February 17, 2024, 11:53:07 am ---
--- Quote from: mahkeymike on December 06, 2021, 12:47:51 am ---dunno, it came in my 22 inch multitouch dell aio.  :dunno

--- End quote ---

Are you saying that you're running this on a Dell PC?

Also, I'm currently advertising an ML-1 for sale locally, and this may be a mistake, but I'm offering tech support to the buyer. In your opinion, should I buy a spare, used hard drive (eBay?) to have on hand, before they are unavailable anymore?
Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't offer tech support. There is literally nothing you can replace if it breaks other then getting a used hard drive on ebay like you mentioned. I don't think anyone has any old stock of the motherboards or ioboards. Even the PSU is specific to ML-1. And if the touchscreen goes, forget about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version