Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch ION Edge - "disconnected dsub" error when playing 1024x768 games  (Read 906 times)

TBDz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2023, 07:13:33 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Megatouch ION Edge running 2014 software.  When, 1024x768 resolution games are selected, I experience one of the followimg symptoms:

1.  "disconnected dsub" error (black screen, no video output, essentially)
2.  Sometimes partial image (1/4 of the video image is missing (black) on the bottom)
3.  Sometimes video work intermittently after the machine is running for a while (15-30 minutes)

When the screen is showing the symptoms above, I have tried connecting the VGA to an external monitor. The video works perfectly on the external monitor. When connected back to the Megatouch lcd, the problem returns.

Touch screen still works normally during the above symptoms.  I can quit game if I hit the right area ("X" icon in the upper right to quit game, for example).
After quiting, it will go back and display the game menu without issue.

Gameplay for 640x480 and 800 x 600 games all play without problems. The problem appears only during 1024x768 resolution.

Touchscreen calibration during 1024x768 also shows black screen as well.

Any idea what could be the problem?

I have tried the following without success.
1. Reset via dipswitch 4 and 7
2. Redetect hardware via dipswitch 6
3. Reseat RAM (512MB)
4. Change RAM slot
5. Swapped with a different stick of 512mb ram
6. Reseated cpu/heatsink with new thermal compound
7. Brand new SSD drive
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 09:14:07 am by TBDz »

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:58:28 am
A/d board welly

With machine on and a/d board unplugged from power, use a hair dryer or heat gun on the board caps. Immediately plug in power and see if you get an image
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 07:34:57 am by Megatouchmike »

TBDz

• Offline Offline
A/d board welly

With machine on and a/d board nplugged from power, use a hair dryer or heat gun on the board caps. Immediately plug in power and see if you get an image
. Thanks, Mike.  Will give it a try!

TBDz

• Offline Offline
A/d board welly

With machine on and a/d board unplugged from power, use a hair dryer or heat gun on the board caps. Immediately plug in power and see if you get an image

Status update: Cleaning out the LVDS connector and reconnecting it solved the problem!