Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Aimtrak or similar - consolidating needed cables for power and functionality  (Read 4747 times)

vertexguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 05:26:12 pm
  • ...but this one goes to 11.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,161694.0.html
    • V E R T E X G U Y - The Online Portfolio of Chris Kline
Hey all, I'm curious if anyone has come up with an elegant solution for consolidating the needed wires to have an aimtrak that uses either only 1 cable to run the gun and power force feedback, or is the only option a flexible tube covering or something to keep it down to 1 cable visible running to the gun?

I'm also wondering if anyone has come up with a simple automatic reel of some sort to keep the cables tidy when not in use?

I'm getting closer to needing to figure all this stuff out on my build, and am also following mods like gun4Air and rapid fire mods in hopes of one day adopting an even better light gun experience then what is currently possible with Aimtraks.  Once I have that all down and working, I intend on developing some of my own light gun games to help expand the fun for everyone.  Any advice is much appreciated!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 01:45:46 pm by vertexguy »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
You have a few options for the one cable approach.

Aimtrak is obv one as the cable contains the USB for the gun and the Recoil power.

You can get a sinden where the recoil is powered via the USB so the cable is thinner and more manageable than the aim trak but obv dont have the potential power.

Gun4IR well however you make it :)
You could use a modied aim trak cable.

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
Aimtrak is obv one as the cable contains the USB for the gun and the Recoil power.

Wait, so I'm confused on this.  I have aimtraks.  So you're saying I can somehow mod the USB cable to power the recoil as well?  I went out and bought 2 power bricks per the ultimarc page instructions to power them, which is then 2 annoyingly separate long cables.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline

Wait, so I'm confused on this.  I have aimtraks.  So you're saying I can somehow mod the USB cable to power the recoil as well?  I went out and bought 2 power bricks per the ultimarc page instructions to power them, which is then 2 annoyingly separate long cables.
No you still need the power bricks, but its one cable going up to the gun.
When I had my aimtraks hooked up I hid the power bricks inside the cab so you only saw the 1 cable.

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
So I no longer need the usb cable for the aimtrak if I have a power brick?  I guess I assumed it was transmitting data on the cable too.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
So I no longer need the usb cable for the aimtrak if I have a power brick?  I guess I assumed it was transmitting data on the cable too.
It does, The USB and the power are built into the same cable but you still have to plug them into their respective sockets.

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
ok, so to bring the post up to speed with my private messaging, I just learned that because I bought aimtraks without recoil, I don't have the usb cable with the obvious power plug on the end.  The recoil kits I bought also do not have cables included.  After digging deeper on the Ultimarc site, it now looks like I have to buy new cables if I want them all contained in one.  I also have to first disassemble my guns to know if I have the correct module connection inside of them for the cable to work.  So for the time being, I guess I will be looking at some type of hose covering to make the 2 cables into 1. :(

woordmand

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2022, 01:34:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
0.3m㎡×6