Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: help identifying this cabinet  (Read 2918 times)

chito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2023, 12:29:26 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151843.0.html
help identifying this cabinet
« on: November 17, 2021, 12:20:41 am »
not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I'm not from the states so I cant check for myself. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this cab. trying to find what i can about it to base a build on it maybe.

I first saw it in a recent vid of someone at a "round 1" arcade. It was being used for Street Fighter V but it turns out they are repurposed Magicians Dead cabinets and you can still see the artwork on the marquee at the top.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:06:39 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: help identifying this cabinet
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 04:08:18 am »
I was hoping someone could shed some light on this cab. trying to find what i can about it to base a build on it maybe.
The control panel is shaped like a Vewlix and the in-game tutorial shows a Vewlix-style cabinet, but the cabs in your pics show a different shape and angle for the monitor/marquee area and the cab body.

The Vewlix monitor is tilted back, the marquee is straight up, and a topper on top.
Your pics show a much larger monitor with no tilt back, no marquee, and a topper on top.

The cab sides on a vewlix are straight vertical planes.
Your pics show the monitor is wider than the control panel and the base of the cab is narrower like a pedestal build.

Scott
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 04:09:55 am by PL1 »

chito

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 11:19:37 am »
I've never seen a vewlix like this. Cant really find a model or manufacturing details.

Definitely like the bigger screen and the instruction card area is perfect for a 2nd screen. Seems like a limited production run. Trying to source one would save me a build but looks like i might have to wing it.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:06:39 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 12:27:36 pm »
I've never seen a vewlix like this. Cant really find a model or manufacturing details.
True, but there's no denying that the cabinet shown in the in-game tutorial (0:22 in the video) is a Vewlix and the side profile of the control panel in your pics is the same as a Vewlix.

Here's a video confirming the game in a Vewlix cab . . .

. . . and more confirmation in 5th column, 3rd from the bottom of this image from the arcadeotaku wiki entry here.

Scott

chito

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 07:39:24 pm »
Thanks heaps for your help and the info. Really useful.
even if i cant source an actual unit, i have enough to get started on my own build. Might try source and actual vewlix control panel and start there