Main > Project Announcements

DIY Skeeball

(1/7) > >>

retrogamedude:
Had an idea to build my own skeeball game and the wife gave it the ok, starting this thread to show progress and hopefully by the end I will have a working skeeball game.  A BIG thanks to the inspiration to this- thatpurplestuff for his thread which I have followed closely with my build and unclet for his measurements and pictures of the real game. I have some real skeeball parts that I will be mixing in with my home built parts as well as an arduino that I will be writing code to act just like the real game.  Any questions just ask away, hopefully I can get it mostly done before the end of this year!

Weekend 1 progress- cut down all the wood needed for the lane as well as part of the score field.  The lane itself is just under 10ft and is made from 3/4 for the sides and 1/2 for the lane itself birch plywood.  I tend to over engineer things so they can last so I went with plywood rather than mdf as its in a basement and could possibly get wet if something leaks.  Used pocket holes and glue to make it all rock solid

wp34:
This is on my dream list of projects someday.  Looking forward to seeing your progress.   :cheers:

javeryh:
Holy crap.  This looks great already - you got more done in a weekend than I can do in a year LOL.  Good idea using the stretchers under the surface so it won't ever warp.  It looks solid!  How long is it?  Yet another thing to be jealous of that I don't have the room for...

:cheers:

retrogamedude:

--- Quote from: javeryh on November 16, 2021, 11:12:59 am ---Holy crap.  This looks great already - you got more done in a weekend than I can do in a year LOL.  Good idea using the stretchers under the surface so it won't ever warp.  It looks solid!  How long is it?  Yet another thing to be jealous of that I don't have the room for...

:cheers:

--- End quote ---
Its for sure solid, did the i'm going to walk and jump on it test and it passed so a few skeeballs should have no issues.  The lane itself is just under 10ft, its going to be big but i have a full size basement in my house so should fit nicely in my planned arcade room against the wall.

thatpurplestuff:
Looking great already, love the long lane and pocket holes!

Keep it up, I just got mine playable again for the first time in years and I forgot how fun it is.  I'll be following this build so if you have any questions I might be able to help with, just ask!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version