Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME .237 on Win 10 won't recognize mouse inputs without multimouse enabled  (Read 3058 times)

KenToad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 12:46:35 am
  • Flap Flap Flap
I recently updated MAME .201 to MAME .235 and am pretty sure I generated the new mame.ini correctly.

Everything seemed to be working perfectly until I tried to boot up World Class Bowling and the game wouldn't recognize my trackball, either of my two spinners, or my usb mouse. All the devices work fine in Windows. The strangest part is that I can remap controls to mouse X or mouse Y just fine in the game and I can control the mouse cursor in the MAME UI before and after I launch any game using mouse controls.

I've tried deleting the cfg files, generating a new mame.ini from scratch. Not even my old MAME .201 is responding to mouse inputs when I restore the old ini. I tried deleting the game specific nvram. I've restarted Windows. I've scoured the mame.ini and made sure that I wasn't using game specific ini files.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:52:46 am by KenToad »

KenToad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 12:46:35 am
  • Flap Flap Flap
I still have no idea what happened. I ended up upgrading to MAME .237 and everything works fine again.

*Edit* It looks like MAME was forcing me to enable multimouse. In the "this game" input tab menu, it would map Mouse X and Mouse Y, but in the cfg files, it was being mapped as MOUSECODE_2_XAXIS and it wouldn't let me use the mouse controller unless I enabled multimouse.

Does this mean that the latest versions of MAME force you to use multimouse if you have more than one mouse connected? I doubt that this is an intended behavior. Does anyone else with more than one connected mouse know what's going on?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:51:59 am by KenToad »