Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT EMudriver & HyperSpin  (Read 4236 times)

Moksi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 09:10:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
CRT EMudriver & HyperSpin
« on: October 24, 2021, 04:19:15 pm »
This is the first time i use crt emudriver and very impressed, to be able to use the crt again.

Now i stumble upon a problem where at first i couldnt run HyperSpin , after installing the videomodes om the crt again i managed to get it to work.

i also edited some  modes in vmmaker.ini.   HyperSpin runs but not without problems. 

Once i launch some mame games they either run way too fast or the crt gets a distortion.      When i launch Sega Model 2 games no problems.

Are there users out there that has managed to run HyperSpin with mame and other emus succesfully >?

Moksi

• Offline Offline
Re: CRT EMudriver & HyperSpin
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 04:26:47 pm »
rambo III on mame by example launched from HyperSpin .

Aspect ratio too small & runs fast

Moksi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 01:43:53 pm »
I got Mame to run normally somehow under HyperSpin on a CRT ,

I was setting up Launchbox of course ran into probs , Groovymame doesnt like it when you point Mame to have per game ini settings in ROcketlauncher (in the emulators global ini settings) once i cleared the path i set it too Mame runs under the right Resolutions.

SO i also did it with HyperSpin as i had probs before like the pic above,  I also used a Non merged Romset with separate clones. 

Moksi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 08:34:46 am »
Only issue i have with HyperSpin on CRT is   with crt emudriver you have to set mode to Magic in the settings. 

HyperSpin only runs with the magic mode and the only problem with SuperModel you need to set a custom res high so you play it with widescreen hack which isnt looking good.

I just move to launchbox which runs without Magic mode & can play Model 3 without the widescreen Hack

punkysuen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2022, 12:25:37 am
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 02:50:13 am »
Hyperspin is just a frontend, which should not involve settings of the emulators.
If everything you run straightly on emulators are fine, then you should check the related module files inside Rocketlauncher.

shiryu55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 03:46:44 am
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 04:53:13 pm »
In my case only the hyperspin menu ,shows very slow the snap videos form the front end. I don't have this problem with the fornt end attract mode , I tried it with two different pcs and it causes me the same failure, the configuration is with a graph ati 5450 with crt emudriver and windows 10 ltsc 1809.

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:01:09 pm
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 11:36:33 am »
set up hyperspin to launch games directly,no hyperlaunch,or rocketlauncher.