Main > Everything Else

Video game ideas, and old games that should be remade

<< < (2/10) > >>

Vigo:
 :cheers: Paradroid is killer.

Oh, and I bet I could think up a ton of pretty fun improvements to the game. The real question is would you want to change up the formula at all? It might make it into an entirely different game.

For example, I could see a real benefit to really defining different components the droids have, and making that change very apparent in how you play. Legs, arms, eyes, etc. For example, for legs you can have wheels, treads, hover, etc., and make changing up your droid more critical to how you play, like spider legs can walk up walls.

Then a choice between hijacking an entire droid for a limited time, or trying to retrofit your own 001 droid with a different components. Make your 001 wear down and need to be kept up. One of your legs get blasted off? Well, hijack that maintenance droids wheels and attach them to your droid instead.

Maybe add some upgrade/ability expansion concept to make hijacking a droid 500 digits above your own a little more evened out. Like if you manage to hijack a 711 droid, you can't use it's EMP attack  until your Paradroid is upgraded enough to control level 700 weaponry.

Then we can tinker with the concept that your paradroid has a human brain, so you have a very fragile organic tissue that needs to be protected. The stress put on your brain affects how long you can hijack other droids for, and how much time you have to perform transfers. Maybe a critical shot made on your brain forces you to eject, and the droid you hijacked comes back to life. 

Having an element where the ship is flying towards to a mars colony or something to destroy the people there could add an element where you have to play against the clock, or have a need to hijack the ship itself to prevent it from accomplishing it's objective. Maybe you have to get to various decks to sabotage weapons, shields, hyperdrive, etc.

Ond:
I want to get more done on my 2D platformer 'Metropolis'  :hissy:.  GameMaker Studio is my chosen dev platform.  Easier than Unity and I like the way you can develop sprite routines in particular.  Any one here a legendary expert in GameMaker Studio?   :cheers:

pbj:
Technocop is an intriguing choice, there’s a good game in there somewhere.

A couple of the Freescape games always stuck with me, very creative given their constraints.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freescape

Zebidee:

--- Quote from: Vigo on October 20, 2021, 05:50:17 pm --- :cheers: Paradroid is killer.

Oh, and I bet I could think up a ton of pretty fun improvements to the game. The real question is would you want to change up the formula at all? It might make it into an entirely different game.

--- End quote ---

One thing I've always wanted with Paradroid is to be able to see the droids etc from side-on. You always have a top-down viewpoint. The only time you see droids from the side is in the artwork, not in the actual game. However, I understand isometric might not work so well all the time too. The ability to change your view would be an awesome step forward.

eds1275:
Another one that would really go well with a modern update would be Below the Root. Played the heck out of that game when I was a kid.

--- Quote from: Ond on October 20, 2021, 06:11:56 pm ---Any one here a legendary expert in GameMaker Studio?   :cheers:

--- End quote ---

Nope but I'd be happy to help tinker with your problems if you care to collaborate again after all this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version